• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, damn it. I officially have a problem. Brown Strandmoks on the way.

Okay... seriously done for a while. I can't even think of another pair that I couldn't do without right now.

liuzerus87

Reaction score
Okay... seriously done for a while. I can't even think of another pair that I couldn't do without right now.

Please, since when was that the standard we held ourselves to when buying another pair?

rumjt

Reaction score
Soliciting your opinions on one of these options to match my Blue Neumoks 1.0s:

Option 1:

http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/O-Connell-s-Cotton-Ribbed-Surcingle-Belt-Denim.html

Option 2:

http://www.orvis.com/p/cotton-and-leather-surcingle-belt/52xh?item_index=1

Option 3:

http://www.shoebuy.com/remo-tulliani-romeo-belt/750675/1570558

Option 4:

http://www.shoebuy.com/remo-tulliani-oscar-belt/750684/1629017

I like the idea of the surcingle belt since it seems to be more appropriate for spring/summer wear, but I don't mind option #3 except for that it's more money. Initially, at least, my primary idea for these shoes is to wear them with non-navy chinos during the spring and summer. What say you?

The AE Cottonwood belt is an exact match and is worth checking out if you haven't already. There's a really good review of it on AE's website! I got mine from Dabondo and couldn't be happier.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FatTuesday
@Cold Iron

Thank you for your opinion. Also, thank you for not pressuring me into this purchase by showcasing your fine collections :)

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, damn it. I officially have a problem. Brown Strandmoks on the way.

Yeah, I said that same thing on Friday or Saturday, now I have shell Grayson's incoming (supposedly Friday- fingers crossed)

StylinProfilin

Reaction score
"The event will run from March 8. Here is the rundown.

Includes Park Ave, Strand, Grayson, MacNeil, Leeds, Cambridge and Dalton, as well as Cornwallis, Carlyle and St. Johns.
Colors: Black, Burgundy, Brown, Natural, Green, Navy
Rendenbach soles only
Pick your welt color (no switching from split reverse to flat, etc). Edge will match welt color
Eight week lead time
LIMITED TO 150 pairs in each color (so move quickly)"

Randolph would look fantastic in natural shell, but, unfortunately, it's not available in the trunk show.

Yes....yes it would.

FaRKle

Reaction score
Every time you post you cost & save me money LOL. Thank you it was what I needed to pull the trigger. Not that it took much to start with. Found those sand Boones that are no longer on the AE website on ebay, allen edmonds is the seller. Worth a try for $104 delivered.

Just wait till you see my wallet weight-loss program!
lol8[1].gif

rumjt

Reaction score
That belt is a good enough reason to get blue Neumoks :)

I got it for 1/2 off retail on ebay to go with my navy Strandmoks the last time there was an ebay coupon. Now we have another coupon to contend with...maybe brown Strandmoks if I can get a good deal?
happy.gif

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sir, are the King of the chukka junkies.

Well I think each and everyone of us on here is a King of their own domain what ever that may be. And you good sir have a hell of a chukka domain that is enviable by most people in this world.

I grew up liking and wearing what is now called the camp moc chukka in brown from the 70's, for decades. My first shell shoe was the Leeds in burgundy, when the Dundee came out and they offered it burgundy shell I just had to try it.

Uh Oh was I ever in trouble when they landed. But most importantly they fit me and fit me well. You can like a shoe or boot all you want but if it doesn't fit, it is a waste of money. If it fits, well be prepared to spend your money. But it is money well spent to me at least.

RichieP

Reaction score

Every time you post you cost & save me money LOL. Thank you it was what I needed to pull the trigger. Not that it took much to start with. Found those sand Boones that are no longer on the AE website on ebay, allen edmonds is the seller. Worth a try for $104 delivered.
Nice! I was about to remind you that those were available on EBay. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll brb...gotta go order a pair. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads