1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing, accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TexasTexter, Jan 3, 2017.

1. DoubleOldFashioned

DoubleOldFashioned Senior member

IMG_6588.JPG Wow, I had to totally crop this pic to get it to upload. Guess I'm going to have to use Photobucket to host my pics.

2. Fatmatt5

Fatmatt5 Well-Known Member

Also, on the topic of the sh*ttier changes. They changed the emojis, and now they don't have that rocker-guy one with his hand up. That's too bad, I always liked seeing people use that.

3. Fatmatt5

When it loads, you can choose it not to be a thumbnail if you want the pic to show up like it used to in the body of the post.

4. DoubleOldFashioned

Ha! I figured that out as you were posting this. I hope a message goes out from support with directions on uploading images.

Fatmatt5 likes this.
  5. Fatmatt5

Yeah, it took me a few tries last night to post my picture... definitely a little annoying.

TexasTexter likes this.
  6. M2511

M2511 Senior member

After messing around with it, I still do not like a majority of what they changed. I think the actual page looks nicer but that is the end of the upside IMO. Having to go to "watched threads" is rather annoying as it requires you to go through your profile rather than just a direct click like before. The alerts would be better if they were structured so that only 1 alert came through on a thread I followed not EVERY SINGLE POST.... also real shame to have lost all the photos.

7. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It looks like the file limitation per picture is 1MB now (which is decent all things considered). I suppose they don't want to have to deal with server space issues due to all the image files they have to contend with.
    It certainly doesn't help (as many have pointed out) that most mobile devices capture big file size images nowadays. So if you don't at least dabble in image editing, you are going to be shit out of luck right now. Maybe SF will look into an image file compressor when people try to upload pics bigger than 1MB?

TexasTexter and Fatmatt5 like this.
  8. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1523.JPG Catching up! Tan Lubbock and Walnut McGregor earlier this week

Attached Files:

9. DRJames

DRJames Well-Known Member

Welcome back all! Hmm, I'm having the same file size issue as others. I've studiously avoided having to use an image hosting site in the past, hoping SF comes up with a solution quickly. It's a shame, I may have gone a little overboard and ended up with a pair of Strandmoks and Alumnus on killer deals from eBay, along with a replacement pairs of Academy's en route from the Destin store. Would love to post them. I think my casual shoe itch is going to have to be scratched for a while.

DoubleOldFashioned likes this.
  10. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

OMG GUISE ITS BACK HOORAY!!!

We went to an original prohibition-era speakeasy (The Back Room) after hitting up the Remedy Diner for a burger. In between, we stopped off at the Big Gay Ice Cream Parlor for a lil dessert. All dining establishments are mandated to have a prominently displayed poster with what to do for a choking victim (apparently people in NYC don't know how to chew their food properly? IDK) so that particular establishment's poster has Bea Arthur giving the Heimlich to a unicorn. Speaking of unicorns, we saw this graffiti and it had to happen.

[​IMG]

Or I could be completely brain-dead and have already posted this. If so, I don't care. Broadstreets and unicorns......IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR LIFE TO BECOME ANY MORE MAGICAL THAN IN THIS PHOTO.

11. armedferret

Please don't, please use flickr. Photobucket is ATROCIOUS now with all their pop-up ads, and the scripts they run in the background and spyware they put on your machine. Use flickr or imgur or something....anything other than photobucket.

Lobster33 and Cold Iron like this.
  12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I was lost this week. I even took a picture on Tuesday and got sad panda face when I tried to upload it :(

Welcome back everyone

mreams99 and armedferret like this.
  13. DoubleOldFashioned

It was a terrible week. I spent more time talking to my kids, hanging out with my wife, got some stuff done around the house, and even ran errands.

I pray this never happens again.

Shoes4play, RichieP, LatAm and 4 others like this.
  14. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I'm with you.
    It was pretty much the worst thing that has happened in my life. It's been even worse than trying to keep up with all those unicorn frappuccino orders.

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Can't seem to see my subscriptions on mobile. Is it gone, or did they move it?

16. up1911fan

up1911fan Well-Known Member

So to get me through the week, I ordered shoes. More precisely, a pair for each day the forum was down. Early next week I'm expecting Oxblood Cavanaugh's and Brown Strandmok's from our favorite eBay guy, and a pair of Snuff Dundee 2.0's. Hopefully all 3 are keepers.

17. armedferret

Thankfully my only real purchase this week was an ebay score.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coin silver hunter case, serial number points to 1887 manufacture year. Just need a key to wind it; apparently it still works great. :D

Will be the cherry on the cake for my Jazz Age Lawn Party ensemble this August....

18. armedferret

GOOD NEWS!!

I got an avatar again.

Fatmatt5 likes this.
  19. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

So I got my new Oxblood Warwick's in yesterday and I'm a bit stump on the fitting. They feel a bit too voluminous in the instep and a little around the ball. I ordered them in my 65 size, 7EEE. The store suggested I try a 7E since they don't come in 7EE and he thinks the 6.5EEE would be too short. Should I expect more volume there? I know they raised the instep on the 201 but I'm worried it will create bad creases due to being too much. The 7E should arrive sometime next week since they had them in stock.

20. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Anyone own an AE wallet (calf, not shell)? Have they held up well?