• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfwcowboy

Reaction score
My seconds guy has located what is reported to be a good pair of brown Strandmoks for me. I've really been on a tear lately therefore I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger, but they are on my list of acquisitions for SS 2017 and $189 is pretty tempting. I need a push over the edge or to be talked down... one or the other.

Just think of all the regrets you have from the AEs you didn't pull the trigger on.

This site has them for $148, but seem to be limited on stock. They are tan and you may be looking for the darker brown. Navy, Olive, and Black are $178. Appears to be 1sts.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the recently reheeled Brogue Suede Strands today.

Found my grey spats a few days ago when I was straightening out some drawers.

For those who have never seen what spats look like, here they are.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Oh, baby. I could go for the olive. They are the only one in stock in my size, but I'll probably hold off as I don't think I'd get as much use out of them as I would the brown version. Thanks for the tip, though!

Biggquis

Reaction score
Wearing the recently reheeled Brogue Suede Strands today.

Found my grey spats a few days ago when I was straightening out some drawers.

For those who have never seen what spats look like, here they are.

What would those be used for, exactly?

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of Sheltons that I picked up a couple of weeks ago -

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: spats: to keep mud and other undesirable things in the street from fouling one's shoes or ankles. Generally fell out of favor in the 1920's. Maybe due to fewer horses and unpaved streets in the business districts. In later years, mostly for a snazzy look.

Still a part of various military special occasion uniforms.

Last edited:

Biggquis

Reaction score
How much should my max bid be on these boots, if I should bid at all? Brown Shell Cordovan Bleeker Streets. The box says black, but the guy said that they are indeed brown. Comes with original box, bags, edge dressing, and shoe trees.

pbrandes

Reaction score
The contrast looks good to me. What laces are those? Side note, I've been using Guarded Goods laces on mine and, while they look good, I'm getting tired of working so hard to tighten/loosen them every time.

The laces are the ones AE uses on the natty Higgins, my Sales Associate got them for me.

lemmy127

Reaction score
If the market for 13EEE used shell is similar to the 13A/13B market, I would think that you won't get much competition and could get them for as little as $150. They look like they're in great condition, so price is a matter of how bad you want them, which we can't quantify.

On a side note, maybe my bidding process is crazy, but I never bid until there's less than 30 seconds left in the auction so I don't contribute to any unnecessary inflation of winning bid price.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much should my max bid be on these boots, if I should bid at all? Brown Shell Cordovan Bleeker Streets. The box says black, but the guy said that they are indeed brown. Comes with original box, bags, edge dressing, and shoe trees.

Personal preference of course, but those rolls look pretty aggressive. I'd still go about $225-$275 because shell. Would then try that trick, a high temp hair type dryer with tight fitting trees.

If serious about bidding, use auctionsniper or any snipe service so that other bidders do not see your early interest, you bid your top offer without giving anyone a chance to nibble you upwards. Sniping regularly will lower your average purchase price on eBay auctions.
(I agree with @lemmy127 )

Last edited:

MrK2991

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of St. John's at the Charleston Shoe Bank. Can't beat the flash sale price!

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just another McTavish Monday.

Man, I love the look of these. Wish I'd dropped down 1/2 size, though. I have to wear thicker socks with them, and there's still just a bit of room. Also, I really need to condition these bad boys again soon. It's been a couple months.

lodemia

Reaction score

On a side note, maybe my bidding process is crazy, but I never bid until there's less than 30 seconds left in the auction so I don't contribute to any unnecessary inflation of winning bid price.

Ain't nobody got time fo that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads