• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have shearling lined First Ave’s? The abnormally cold temps have me looking for a warmer boot- Vancouver is not an option as far as I am concerned.

Here are a few pics I posted recently. It is 1 degree here - I'd like a second pair for rotation (agree w you, Vancouver need not apply).

Was concerned about the lining + fitment, but they fit great in my usual size.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoebank has a pair of them in my size, PICTURE shows shearling lining, but description doesn’t mention it. I need to call and see, if yes then order them, if no then maybe go with something from LL Bean or just boot socks. Of course the idea of just not leaving house for a week has crossed my mind as well :)

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoebank has a pair of them in my size, PICTURE shows shearling lining, but description doesn’t mention it. I need to call and see, if yes then order them, if no then maybe go with something from LL Bean or just boot socks. Of course the idea of just not leaving house for a week has crossed my mind as well :)

Yea, they could have the photo wrong. I'd buy a second pair at Shoebank prices for times like this, we are facing 2 weeks of below 10 degree weather.

Nice thing about them, you can wear them all day...indoors and out.
My feet do not get hot or sweaty indoors, but they are warm and toasty outside.

The FAs look like usual nice footwear, they just happen to have a superpower.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for thinking of me, what an incredible find...but I am 15d and have tried then sold a few 14d Aldens...

New Shell Aldens for $50, maybe I could shave off ... just my longer toes? Anyone else try that to improve fitment?

And Happy New Year All! Where is the 2018 party?
Well, I'm pretty sure the offer is good for anyone, if they're still around.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are we posting here until the 2018 thread is opened?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How thick are these, they do look nice and warm.
Thickest/heaviest socks own. I have some Columbia socks that appear thicker, but thats just the way they're knit. They don't take up as much volume as the Darn Tough. I got mine cheap (relatively) at Marshalls as imperfects. Worth a look to see what your local has them if you just want to try them out or fondle them. I'll try and post a thickness pic (TWSS) later.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AD0B17B5-57F8-4CA9-8E28-080024251BCD.jpeg
First real outing of the Wilbert. These are great for -8 degrees and there is enough room for socks and old man swelling.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thickest/heaviest socks own. I have some Columbia socks that appear thicker, but thats just the way they're knit. They don't take up as much volume as the Darn Tough. I got mine cheap (relatively) at Marshalls as imperfects. Worth a look to see what your local has them if you just want to try them out or fondle them. I'll try and post a thickness pic (TWSS) later.
I have Thorlo and SmartWool socks, about the same thickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads