Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing, accessories, etc.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TexasTexter, Jan 3, 2017.

1. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

Walnut McAllister with dainite sole this morning before church. BB chinos and socks.

[​IMG]

2. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

This is one I been keeping on the back burner how do you like them when compared to other AE shoes?

3. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

15 mins, no joke. They had hand warmers available, but those went cold almost immediately lol.

4. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

5. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Very tempting on the Higgins Mill I had put in an offer on the eBay pair for $200 the seller let it expire, then I bumped up my second offer to $225 but the seller still no reply sitting on the offer 36 hours now not even a counter. So his buy it now is $255 so that is $5 more than current sale. So I see seconds on sale for $199 now so I just canceled my offer to the seller as with the sale his boots are just not worth what he is asking. I assume since he did not counter either of my offers he wants to keep them or sell for full price and I can get them for less from AE.

Also Overlord for $157 very tempting.

6. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

That puts the HM back at the price I got them at when they first came out. $250 is a steal for first-quality versions of this. The $199 for seconds from the ShoeBank is even better. If you ever had the slightest inkling of buying this boot, go for it now. Seriously, my favorite AE of all time. I'm considering moving to an even colder climate than the one in Chicago, just so I can wear it longer in the year. I wonder if I can telecommute from Fargo.

7. ProfilaBinding

ProfilaBinding Senior member

8. MrK2991

MrK2991 Member

[​IMG]

Brooks Bros Burgandy McAllisters. Love 'em. (Spier and Mackay 3pc)

9. ProfilaBinding

Nah, they aren't clearancing the Higgins Mill -- they are just struggling to keep with demand. Call the stores if you want to find one. They probably have your size in some store (they can check all the stores inventory).

10. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote: I don't mean this to be critical, but your review left me a little confused. When you say "larger than normal" - you mean vs. the 65-last or compared to other 201-lasted shoes? If the latter, then I can probably get away with a 11.5D instead of the E that I need in some 65-last shoes (my McT's are all D's). For me, I take a 12 in all true-to-size lasts, but for the 201 I wear the same 11.5 I take in the 65-last (and several others where I am 1/2 size down from Brannock). I can't tell if you're recommended people take the same size as their 65-last shoes or not. My Shannon Drives (which were 11.5D) felt a tiny bit longer and looked longer than they actually were, but a 12 would definitely have been too big. I didn't realize there were no E's made, but the way you describe the leather it makes me feel like I could pull off a D with a bit of stretch. The other hitch here is what I'd have to replace with these, and the most likely candidate is one of my favorites: the Cognac McTavish.

11. ProfilaBinding

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017

12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Hmm...

13. ProfilaBinding

I wear 7.5 E on the Park Ave and 8 D on the Overlord if that helps. 8 D is the only size that would work for me in this shoe. 7.5 E would have been too wide at the heel. Sizing is a little tricky with this one.

14. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Do you own the Shannon Drive? If so what size?

15. ProfilaBinding

Sadly, I don't. :(

I will say that I go with my true size (8 D) in the Overlord, which is the same size I wear in the Leeds, Carlyle, and almost everything else I own. It's just the Park Ave where I size down to 7.5 (well, and the 333, but you get the point).

@M635Guy I edited my post above to give a better answer. Hope it helps. I would be careful going with the same length as you 65 size in a D width. If you went up 1/2 size in length (what I did), it could work.