• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagleman

Reaction score
Walnut McAllister with dainite sole this morning before church. BB chinos and socks.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

30? I bet that ended up being the world's fastest ceremony!

Liked the tie, too. I don't recall ever seeing a houndstooth tie before (although it's been ages since I've shopped for and had to wear ties)

15 mins, no joke. They had hand warmers available, but those went cold almost immediately lol.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very tempting on the Higgins Mill I had put in an offer on the eBay pair for $200 the seller let it expire, then I bumped up my second offer to $225 but the seller still no reply sitting on the offer 36 hours now not even a counter. So his buy it now is $255 so that is $5 more than current sale. So I see seconds on sale for $199 now so I just canceled my offer to the seller as with the sale his boots are just not worth what he is asking. I assume since he did not counter either of my offers he wants to keep them or sell for full price and I can get them for less from AE.

Also Overlord for $157 very tempting.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/boots/

Allen Edmonds is doing $100 off all their boots

That puts the HM back at the price I got them at when they first came out. $250 is a steal for first-quality versions of this. The $199 for seconds from the ShoeBank is even better. If you ever had the slightest inkling of buying this boot, go for it now. Seriously, my favorite AE of all time. I'm considering moving to an even colder climate than the one in Chicago, just so I can wear it longer in the year. I wonder if I can telecommute from Fargo.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be sad to hear it if they are discontinuing the Higgins Mill, which is what it almost appears like.

Nah, they aren't clearancing the Higgins Mill -- they are just struggling to keep with demand. Call the stores if you want to find one. They probably have your size in some store (they can check all the stores inventory).

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: I don't mean this to be critical, but your review left me a little confused. When you say "larger than normal" - you mean vs. the 65-last or compared to other 201-lasted shoes? If the latter, then I can probably get away with a 11.5D instead of the E that I need in some 65-last shoes (my McT's are all D's). For me, I take a 12 in all true-to-size lasts, but for the 201 I wear the same 11.5 I take in the 65-last (and several others where I am 1/2 size down from Brannock). I can't tell if you're recommended people take the same size as their 65-last shoes or not. My Shannon Drives (which were 11.5D) felt a tiny bit longer and looked longer than they actually were, but a 12 would definitely have been too big. I didn't realize there were no E's made, but the way you describe the leather it makes me feel like I could pull off a D with a bit of stretch. The other hitch here is what I'd have to replace with these, and the most likely candidate is one of my favorites: the Cognac McTavish.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

No problem -- I will update my review to make this more clear.

To answer your question, I meant that they are larger than the 65. The size should be about the same as other 201's, but the kudu is also going to fit a little looser in the heel (not nearly as loose as my Clark Street). If you wear a D-width in the 65, I would try that size, but it might be too large in the heel. I wear 7.5 E in the PA and take 8 D In the Overlord. If you were an 11.5 E in the 65, a 12 D might work, but it could also give you a large V. I would not advise going with 11.5 D, but you could give it try.

Edited: because I contradicted myself.

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear 7.5 E on the Park Ave and 8 D on the Overlord if that helps.   8 D is the only size that would work for me in this shoe.  7.5 E would have been too wide at the heel.  Sizing is a little tricky with this one.

Do you own the Shannon Drive? If so what size?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you own the Shannon Drive? If so what size?

Sadly, I don't. :(

I will say that I go with my true size (8 D) in the Overlord, which is the same size I wear in the Leeds, Carlyle, and almost everything else I own. It's just the Park Ave where I size down to 7.5 (well, and the 333, but you get the point).

@M635Guy I edited my post above to give a better answer. Hope it helps. I would be careful going with the same length as you 65 size in a D width. If you went up 1/2 size in length (what I did), it could work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads