• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a deal alert for my fellow weasels. Lord and Taylor has AE on sale concurrently with 10% Discover Deal, if you are a card holder.
Prices below prior to 10%:
Park Ave $299
Carlyle $299
Strand $299
Vernon $268
First Ave $310
MacNeil $276
Maxfield $191
Verona $299
Edit: not the full compliment of colors on the website, but perhaps you can order a different color if you contact L&T? May be worth a try if you are wanting one.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sole talk:
I just got my first pair of combination soles. I have been stubborn and opted for all leather at every turn. But I got to say these have the aesthetic that I like with some more traction. I have lug, vibram, leather, and antiqued leather soles. The only sole I do not have is Dainite. I wish I had more combination soles now. What sole would you choose given the choice?

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sole talk:
I just got my first pair of combination soles. I have been stubborn and opted for all leather at every turn. But I got to say these have the aesthetic that I like with some more traction. I have lug, vibram, leather, and antiqued leather soles. The only sole I do not have is Dainite. I wish I had more combination soles now. What sole would you choose given the choice?

I like the combo soles, too. I also really like the mini-tread (can't remember the real name right now) that is on my First Ave boot.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sole talk:
Full leather and combi are my faves, with a slight edge to leather. After that Alden mini lug.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sole talk:
I much prefer the factory V-Tread combination sole to having a toppy installed later. I can't stand toppys. They kill the sole profile.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I much prefer the factory V-Tread combination sole to having a toppy installed later. I can't stand toppys. They kill the sole profile.
V-tread! That's the name I couldn't remember. Thank you!

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to get the Suede Cavanaugh with Combo soles. Since the shoe is a one and done shoe they offered me a topy. I declined. But more of my recraft will be combo.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sole talk:
I like the Dainite sole, my Alden Commando is great, I believe my Shaker Heights have the V-Tread which is sweet, and my JR Double Oak are awesome... I think the Alden Flex Welt and the AE Butyl are my least favourite.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@St Hubbins you're soon to have non- buyer's remorse me thinks. I've got a shipping notification for the GMTO Higgins Mills.
Edit because I'm an idiot. You mean for the reverse kudu, right?

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a deal alert for my fellow weasels. Lord and Taylor has AE on sale concurrently with 10% Discover Deal, if you are a card holder.
Prices below prior to 10%:
Park Ave $299
Carlyle $299
Strand $299
Vernon $268
First Ave $310
MacNeil $276
Maxfield $191
Verona $299
Edit: not the full compliment of colors on the website, but perhaps you can order a different color if you contact L&T? May be worth a try if you are wanting one.
Every so often, I get an ad for Allen Edmonds from Walmart, a Parkway just recently popped up. In disbelief I clicked and there was one black Parkway in size 13. I suspect D width but it did not specify. In tiny print it said packed and shipped by “Fashionista and Bob”. What the heck is this?

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every so often, I get an ad for Allen Edmonds from Walmart, a Parkway just recently popped up. In disbelief I clicked and there was one black Parkway in size 13. I suspect D width but it did not specify. In tiny print it said packed and shipped by “Fashionista and Bob”. What the heck is this?

Must be from the Walmart marketplace. Kind of like ebay through Walmart

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess Wal-Mart has third party market place like best buy, Amazon, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads