• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EHamm

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for the replies thus far. I called the two AE stores local to me and was able to track down a pair to compare against/exchange. The SA assured me the medallions were centered and offered to send me pictures. She also encouraged me to return the pair I have if I am unsatisfied.

The level of customer service I have received with this brand (this is my 2nd pair in a row I've exchanged for small quirks that many would probably overlook :lookaround:) is what keeps me coming back.

ELClodge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for the replies thus far. I called the two AE stores local to me and was able to track down a pair to compare against/exchange. The SA assured me the medallions were centered and offered to send me pictures. She also encouraged me to return the pair I have if I am unsatisfied.

The level of customer service I have received with this brand (this is my 2nd pair in a row I've exchanged for small quirks that many would probably overlook :lookaround:) is what keeps me coming back.

I had a very similar experience that prompted me to post here for the first time (almost 4 years ago!) and had a very similar resolution. Not only am I sold on AE's customer service, but the overall mechanics of this type of customer service. It feels good to be able to put trust in a company like that. I hope Caleres notices this as well. Enjoy the shoes!

matwa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an email from AE saying "further reductions on Clearance" last night. I jumped on this morning, but I could not find any "further reductions".

Does anyone see any?

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got an email from AE saying "further reductions on Clearance" last night. I jumped on this morning, but I could not find any "further reductions".

Does anyone see any?

I did not, but I don't often look at the accessories sections, so maybe there?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice looking boots. Enjoy! I got the two-tone (calf and grain) CS boots from Skoak during a GMTO late last year. Definately a step up in terms of quality and finishing.

Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to my first CS. Those two-tone calf and grain field boots are also next on my list from CS. When the current GMTO field boot was announced, I was almost sure I was going to get it based on the display pic they showed as that's the exact boot I want. But it's only a single tone boot and not the two-tone so I was waiting until a two-tone popped up. I saw these though and just had to jump on them.

View attachment 860487
View attachment 860488
A delightful WFH Wednesday to you, fellow enthusiasts. So I guess this is the official first appearance of the LL Bean cords in action. They are partnered with my new chambray shirt and the beloved Higgins Mills for what is bound to be my foundational look for AW18.

Been looking for a decent light colored sweater. I tried a shaker stitch and a cable knit both in ivory-ish colors. Not so sure how I feel about them. Luke warm. LL Bean has a shetland in an "oatmeal donegal" that's probably going to be tested as well. The price is right.

That's a solid look and probably my favorite outfit I've seen you in. I love the shirt, pants, and boots. It just goes. Bravo.

Was on AE eBay site, one pair of Shaker Heights in my size.....
Should be here by the 24th
Nice! I've set up an ebay alert for Shaker Heights in my size as well. I need that boot. It's too awesome.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone see any?
No. My heart sunk because I already bought 3 pair. So I ended up being happy.

RitchieBro

Reaction score
Wilbert Wednesday!
Inaugural journey for these, picked these up on RDA and they are damn comfortable.

8679AC62-9D89-4D37-A04C-F115190D2B03.jpeg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone see any?
I'm so mad at you right now.

Shreveports are down to $197. Please go buy them all, everyone. And be quick about it.

Edit: Oh, and seconds are now $157! BTW, I was just kidding. Do not buy them all. Save me a pair. I already know of two warm weather events I am attending next year, and these might be appropriate for at least one of them.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy Shell Dundee's came in today. I like 'em, they look and feel excellent. Debating whether to have gotten the brown as I only have one other brown shell shoe, a Strand. But I'll probably get a Bradley in brown as a SMU or better yet as a web gem or hopefully a special brown shell run for Christmas. The Dundee is lighter hue than my Randolph which is lighter than my MacNeil. The Burgundy shell tab belt is a different shade altogether. I think I'm liking the diversity actually. I'm sure they'll darken on their own but am wondering if I hit the Dundee's with a little VSC at some point-maybe I'll just leave them alone. Incidentally, being a three eye chukka, I double laced the middle row and back up through the top eyes in a straight bar lace (so there are two laces straight across in the same row of middle eyes). This seems to work very nicely but I'm wondering if there are any caveats to this method such as, will it blow out the middle eyes prematurely?
4OVX5j5.jpg
FX9ynQe.jpg

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@2Deuce2 did you get your San Marco’s yet?

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy Shell Dundee's came in today. I like 'em, they look and feel excellent. Debating whether to have gotten the brown as I only have one other brown shell shoe, a Strand. But I'll probably get a Bradley in brown as a SMU or better yet as a web gem or hopefully a special brown shell run for Christmas. The Dundee is lighter hue than my Randolph which is lighter than my MacNeil. The Burgundy shell tab belt is a different shade altogether. I think I'm liking the diversity actually. I'm sure they'll darken on their own but am wondering if I hit the Dundee's with a little VSC at some point-maybe I'll just leave them alone. Incidentally, being a three eye chukka, I double laced the middle row and back up through the top eyes in a straight bar lace (so there are two laces straight across in the same row of middle eyes). This seems to work very nicely but I'm wondering if there are any caveats to this method such as, will it blow out the middle eyes prematurely?
4OVX5j5.jpg
FX9ynQe.jpg

Looks great man! One thing though, as you mention them darkening with age. I believe dark shell will tend to lighten with age, and light shell (such as natural) will darken.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use to regularly (like constantly) check the shoebank to see if anything I wanted popped up in my size. As time has gone by I've done that less and less. Most recently it was to see if they had burg shell randolphs in my size back when they were on sale a few months ago. I just happened to check today for no particular reason and wouldn't you know a black Rutledge popped up in my size. Now they are on their way to me.

It is funny that I started my collection with black PAs (which were an ebay purchase in the wrong size like a noob) and then got 2 other pairs through CAC (wrong size of course). Finally went into a store, got sized, and big shock I was way off. Somewhere along the line I decided I don't need black shoes aside from some used chesters (which remain my most comfortable shoe that last is great) and a Hopkinson for "special occasions." I've sorta come back around to wanting some more black pairs for whatever reason. Spend enough time looking for and growing the collection that you end up looping back around to where you started. Perhaps I should take a page out of the @St Hubbins playbook and get some new pants/shirts. Luxire and propercloth will probably be my stops for those items.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use to regularly (like constantly) check the shoebank to see if anything I wanted popped up in my size. As time has gone by I've done that less and less. Most recently it was to see if they had burg shell randolphs in my size back when they were on sale a few months ago. I just happened to check today for no particular reason and wouldn't you know a black Rutledge popped up in my size. Now they are on their way to me.

Pisses me off reading this. Happy for you, of course. I've checked hundred times for the Rutledge and it never happens.

I noticed the odd color Cornwallis were discounted to 157, and the seconds are at 117. The Ely boat shoe is 47 on shoebank. Not a lot of new discounts, but there are a few.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! One thing though, as you mention them darkening with age. I believe dark shell will tend to lighten with age, and light shell (such as natural) will darken.

Thanks for the info Aero. I'm still learning, shell certainly is an interesting animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads