• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up thinking about those Baracuta jackets for $290. They've only recently appeared on my radar, so I'm not very sure it's actually a good price. Does anyone know? What's left of my rational self is in the "wait it out" camp. Very appealing jackets at least on paper. Wouldn't mind inspecting one.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woke up thinking about those Baracuta jackets for $290. They've only recently appeared on my radar, so I'm not very sure it's actually a good price. Does anyone know? What's left of my rational self is in the "wait it out" camp. Very appealing jackets at least on paper. Wouldn't mind inspecting one.
Nice jackets, and the G4 is running around $390 where I am, and on Amazon. So it's not a bad price.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, is it weasels or what. I "realized" that I didn't have a really nice pair of suede,(ordered Strands) and was missing a "dress boot" that was not suede,(ordered Dalton's) and I really like the look of the Gobi's (ordered, may return if don't like fit).
I have to stop visiting this thread, or build an addition to my closet.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, is it weasels or what. I "realized" that I didn't have a really nice pair of suede,(ordered Strands) and was missing a "dress boot" that was not suede,(ordered Dalton's) and I really like the look of the Gobi's (ordered, may return if don't like fit).
I have to stop visiting this thread, or build an addition to my closet.

This place is like the Hotel California- let us know how the closet addition turns out.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that I have my shoe needs covered, I need to change my strategy for 2018. I am thinking of going top shelf only and getting a lot fewer shoes. Can I implement? Don’t know.

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I have my shoe needs covered, I need to change my strategy for 2018. I am thinking of going top shelf only and getting a lot fewer shoes. Can I implement? Don’t know.
Totally doable, I went for more expensive shoes this year. Sadly I don't think I got fewer shoes. Just spent more $. I would say the average is around $550 for me. Mostly shell from AE, and Alden/C&J/EB varying leathers.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad, I thought Roycru had L shoe straight laced and R shoe diagonal laced but it appears R shoe lace stays just weren't aligned for some reason

EDIT: to add the photo that prompted my initial question

View attachment 860341

The reason the eyelets are not aligned is these shoes came from deep in the vaults of the Shoebank.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, already in the mental planning stage :)

Attaboy. When we were looking for a new apartment at the beginning of the year, my criteria was closet size. My wife makes it a point to tell people I’m the one with the walk in closet lol.

Still, all my shoes fit nicely:
38E94598-B003-4806-A6A9-E0C0A2DC683D.jpeg

B902190F-6BCC-4AAA-828B-9989A637EE34.jpeg

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m with you on the 2018 view. The past few months have seen me take up the Excel sheet to really look at my AE’s and figure out what’s needed.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Attaboy. When we were looking for a new apartment at the beginning of the year, my criteria was closet size. My wife makes it a point to tell people I’m the one with the walk in closet lol.

View attachment 860370

View attachment 860372
Are the Bit loafers negotiating a divorce? Or just stay separated until they sort it out?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 860370

View attachment 860372
I like it, currently I have this- but may have to add more shelving somewhere. I actually have more of the walk-in closet space than my wife.
IMG_1361.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Bit loafers negotiating a divorce? Or just stay separated until they sort it out?

Lol, those are some crappy Cole Haans that I use occasionally as beaters (sockless with jeans, etc). I didn’t have room with the rest of my shoes.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol, those are some crappy Cole Haans that I use occasionally as beaters (sockless with jeans, etc). I didn’t have room with the rest of my shoes.
Oh, so it is segregation of the lower class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads