• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wait. So were you at the store again?

Might head in one night this week for no reason whatsoever. I need Tom to illuminate a beacon for me or something when he's working. If it's not lit, I'll just keep driving.
I always have them send my shoes to the store. Had one pair spend a week in the cold because of an emergency work trip.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are posting pictures of corduroy and suede, here are two more from earlier this year (when it was colder).

P1080854 2.JPG

P1090037 2.JPG

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiwi:
View attachment 859567

Most recommend Tarrago, but this was cheaper at a local cobbler and works just as well.
Cool, thank you! I already have some in the closet.

Haha thanks- I love your purple cords. You definitely have the essentials covered, but you should add some burgundy next- ive found it to be incredibly useful through The holidays.

If I love two things in clothing, it’s textures and colors- these checked both boxes for me. The Bills were, no joke, $10 at Marshall’s. One of the easiest purchasing decisions I’ve made.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some interesting belts at the store today. Cypress Ave, Lancaster Ave, and the Radcliff Ave. They have some great texture. I picked up the Radcliff. A greenish Taupe. They are belts you need to feel. Pictures just won’t do.

EvanNole

Reaction score
You guys are killing me with the suede/cords combos. Cords are on their way, but until now I was quite sure I would hold off on buying any more shoes for the foreseeable future. My navy suede Strands will work quite well with some of the incoming cords, but the loden and snuff both really pop as well...

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I shared a picture last week of my brogue (brown) suede Strands with a tan corduroy jacket and grey trousers. I didn't like the look of those trousers with that jacket, and ended up changing to some grey chinos. I think that this was a much better combination.
IMG_2152.JPG

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is with great sorrow that I've come to terms with the fact that the 511 does not fit me. I've tried three pairs of shell dundees (10.5d, 10d, 10e compared to my 65 last size of 10d), and this last just makes no sense. It's like the heel and ball of the foot are the same width with no waist to speak of separating them. CXL Bellevues work because the sole and leather are so darn soft and stretchy, but I think everything else is off limits. Alas, there will be no Dundees, Daltons, or Long Branches in my future. Great sorrow.
Have you tried suede 2.0's?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With a 10D Dundee, the toe box was really cramped, like to the point that it felt like my little toe was rolling under my foot. 10.5D was okay in the forefoot, but with the laces totally closed, the ankle of the boot was the only thing keeping my foot from coming out every time I took a step. With the 10E, forefoot felt really comfortable and heel was good enough to keep foot in place. But to get there, I had to close the laces completely and there would be no way to keep the shoe snug as the foot bed settles.

Even the bottom pair of eyelets? I wouldn't worry too much if the to pair meet, its a chukka.

In all seriousness, I think you should try a 9.5E. Its a bit out-there to go down a half from your 65, but you never know. Or a 10E 2.0 in suede or calf. Those have the poron insole and hat might cure your too close eyelet problem. Major downside-> not shell.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't but I'm not sure that's the wisest move. I had an unfortunate incident with some toothpaste on my BB Neumoks. It has mostly come out but I probably need to go at it one more time. However that said, it is heartier than it gets credit for. You can usually spot treat it and get out dirt, very light salt spray, etc. Then brush it to restore the nap. I am going to try shampooing a pair of my suede sneakers to see how that does on very dirty suede.

I guess I just like to live life on the edge.
Get yourself an eraser when you go to the AE store, if you don't have one already.

EvanNole

Reaction score
I was supposed to skip the RDA sale but I got Neoed (Normandy), Madhated (Loden Suede), and soon to be Hubbined (Guess the snuff style).
View attachment 859464
Ok I dressed today for a different style. I really like this belt.
View attachment 859465
Which belt is that? I just broke down and ordered the loden suede Strands. They can go back if the fit or color aren't just right... Right? But on the off chance that I do keep them, I don't think any of my current belts will work terribly well with them. Hence my question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads