• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the oxbloods just a red as the burgundy shell?

The color of those boots!

They sort of are, but aren't. It's tough to describe. The shell has a lot more depth of color, and it's a lot more rich, if that makes any sense.

(i suppose, for the peanut gallery reading, it's better than asking about oxblood vs merlot vs chili? :hide: )

O'Dell

Reaction score
They sort of are, but aren't. It's tough to describe. The shell has a lot more depth of color, and it's a lot more rich, if that makes any sense.

(i suppose, for the peanut gallery reading, it's better than asking about oxblood vs merlot vs chili? :hide: )
They do seem richer in color. I have the McAllisters in oxblood and they are not as red as the ones in your photo.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do seem richer in color. I have the McAllisters in oxblood and they are not as red as the ones in your photo.

Eh that could also be partially a product of lighting. They definitely have a MUCH different look when you go indoors to outdoors.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dalton Day.

Shell Daltons look phenomenal. Every time I see them I think about getting a pair...

20170926_105721.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Spoliered for your protection.

IMG_2245.JPG

TresG

Reaction score
Haven’t showcased the Warwicks in a bit.

Also, did anyone get the email about the new Boulevard? If they come up with a plain toe variation of it, I’m on board for both a black and brown pair!

169F7EF1-5E98-4917-91E9-0E3AF0BC3A4F.jpeg

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else notice that they resurrected the 222 last for the new Lafayette Park loafer? I found that slightly curious.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I think they work nicely.
When I briefly tried my McGregors and five-pocket cords as discussed a few pages back, I didn't like that look as much as your look above. I guess the black calfskin and the sleekness of the 65 last overpowered the relaxed nature of the long wing style. Looks like those shoes will forever languish in the too formal yet also not quite formal enough category. Once I get my grey flannel suit tailored, I'll test them out with those pants. Perhaps they have a chance yet.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the HM GMTO... In the mean time, it is getting close to boot weather here in Central Texas (i.e., less than 95), so I had to dust off the brown HMs. These only have a few wears on them, so the dainite is rather stiff. As much as I like to space out what I wear to be about once every couple of weeks, I think I need to commit to wearing each of my HMs weekly for a couple of months to get the soles broken in. Regardless, it is such a fantastic boot!
2017-09-26 11.45.26.jpg
2017-09-26 11.57.43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads