• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewisch

Reaction score
My first pair of AE, McGregor seconds in brown.

r4SN3HEh.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, Mr Off-Topic Guy checking in here with what may or may not be a quick question.

I'm currently reviewing the sad state of my outerwear situation and in the process justifying an alarming number of new items... which I can't really afford, so I'm trying to limit things to 2-3 additions/replacements. I was wondering if you cared to share how many pieces of outerwear you have in your wardrobe including color. This includes anything you would wear as the outermost layer on your upper body. At a minimum, I need another light option because I'm as sick of that light green jacket as you all are, no doubt. Thank you for playing along.
I'm in desperate need myself. I've got 4 sport coat/blazers for cool weather. Grey, khaki, navy/ black plaid, and a brownish tweed. Few vests and sweaters. My peacoat has become too large. I've got an olive wool military style jacket for colder days, but I'd like something to go with dressier clothes. I REALLY want a covert coat...even if it's probably too dressy for day to day...

fawn_covert_coat.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up some burgundy shell MacNeils for a really great price on Ebay and decided that they needed a recraft to make them sufficiently different than my other shell LWBs. (Yes, I have a problem.) Natural welt, white stitching, natural edge. Indoor and outdoor pictures. All total they are about 1/3 the cost of a new pair. A route to consider.

FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 6.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Mr Off-Topic Guy checking in here with what may or may not be a quick question.

I'm currently reviewing the sad state of my outerwear situation and in the process justifying an alarming number of new items... which I can't really afford, so I'm trying to limit things to 2-3 additions/replacements. I was wondering if you cared to share how many pieces of outerwear you have in your wardrobe including color. This includes anything you would wear as the outermost layer on your upper body. At a minimum, I need another light option because I'm as sick of that light green jacket as you all are, no doubt. Thank you for playing along.
I assume that you're talking about winter outerwear (coats/jackets), not sport coats.
I've got a dark brownish-gray leather coat, a gray wool car coat, and a tan corduroy jacket with fleece (faux) lining that I use a lot. I've got a heavier down jacket for when things get really cold.
And I've got a big old brown thick shearling coat that I hardly wear.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bottom piece of leather on the heel of my right CM Leeds is starting to separate from the rest of the heel... :mad2:

Edit: AND.... I'm noticing an accompanying creaking sound originating from the same general area. This is disappointing.

Definitely interested in hearing how they rectify this. A discontinued style that was purchased as a first for really inexpensive. Usually they offer a replacement, but not sure about this case.

Regardless, sorry to hear about what happened. I hate on the DR stuff all the time, but out of 70, USA & DR, I've had a grand total of zero with heel separation.

Shiner

Reaction score

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume that you're talking about winter outerwear (coats/jackets), not sport coats.
I've got a dark brownish-gray leather coat, a gray wool car coat, and a tan corduroy jacket with fleece (faux) lining that I use a lot. I've got a heavier down jacket for when things get really cold.
And I've got a big old brown thick shearling coat that I hardly wear.

I have so many sports coats, sweaters & outerwear coats I have to keep them in 3 different rooms, lol. I most recently caved finally and picked up a long Canada Goose coat - hey, I'm freezing the minute it goes below 55 so it made sense.

Shiner

Reaction score
I'm in desperate need myself. I've got 4 sport coat/blazers for cool weather. Grey, khaki, navy/ black plaid, and a brownish tweed. Few vests and sweaters. My peacoat has become too large. I've got an olive wool military style jacket for colder days, but I'd like something to go with dressier clothes. I REALLY want a covert coat...even if it's probably too dressy for day to day...

View attachment 844996
Damn.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is not a broad street. It is a medalist street, which I have not heard of but it is there.

Sometimes older styles just show up. Recently a black Hale showed up in 7D. Dirt cheap, but after the Carlyle turned out (after breakin) to fit as wide as they do, I passed no question. Hope they went to a good home.

Would love to stay and chat, but Fantastic Voyage is on.

Shiner

Reaction score
With the appropriate spiked sole, they would be perfect. Uh, you were talking for golf, correct?:colgate:
Just for my adventures without Mrs. Shiner. She hates spectators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads