• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way about the 511. My feet are shaped like pizza slices and in my 65 size, the 511 is a little snug at the ball and way loose at the heel. I'd sell my worn twice Dundees if it wasn't for the heel pad residue that I don't know how to remove. :bored:

Yes, pizza is a good way of describing my feet. :D

You bought the Jeffersons in black recently, right? Did those work out well?

rumjt

Reaction score
Yes, pizza is a good way of describing my feet. :D

You bought the Jeffersons in black recently, right? Did those work out well?
Yes and I love 'em! I've been busy and haven't had time to take a proper photo. My phone just will not take a good photo of black leather.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 201 is certainly sleek compared to the Barrie -- and honestly, the Massdrop implementation of the 511 is pretty svelte. The AF18a is mighty nice, though.

;)
Yeah, Alden certainly has the gunboat construction down! Barrie vs Dundee 2.0

20170718_124119.jpg

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised about how much excitement I've seen for the olive Strandmok. I've got the olive Rush Street, which I never remember being particularly popular. But it's the exact same shoe as the Strandmok, except that it's fully lined. Maybe the olive Rush Street was just ahead of its time.
I love mine, by the way.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised about how much excitement I've seen for the olive Strandmok. I've got the olive Rush Street, which I never remember being particularly popular. But it's the exact same shoe as the Strandmok, except that it's fully lined. Maybe the olive Rush Street was just ahead of its time.
I love mine, by the way.
I'd pay good money for an 11.5E Olive Neumok

2Deuce2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love mine, by the way.
The olive is a good look. Still get the most compliments from my gray McT's so I may expand my gray lineup this year. The blue Cornwallis-not a peep from anyone in the wild.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Just about anywhere I want. There are no rules, Good Sir... LOL!!!

Sorry if it came off bluntly. I was just curious as i would feel way to subconscious and way to aware of the fact that i was wearing green shoes.

I just purchased a pair of slighty tan derbies and i feel like i am living on the edge :)

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it came off bluntly. I was just curious as i would feel way to subconscious and way to aware of the fact that i was wearing green shoes.

I just purchased a pair of slighty tan derbies and i feel like i am living on the edge :)
That sounds like a cherry that needs popping. A few years ago I probably would have said the same thing you did. Now I really like having pairs like that. Even if I worked in a place where that wouldn't fly I'd enjoy them for weekends/etc.

New2Suits

Reaction score
They really need to do a better job with descriptions on their website.. Sure doesn't look like a goodyear welt to me.. even says cemented construction.. I ordered off Amazon for same price as AE doesnt list my size, but of course going to read the AE description and reviews before ordering.. my concern is if thats wrong (and others have pointed out other errors in leather and origin descriptions), what else isn't accurate.?
Screenshot_20170722-080843.png
Screenshot_20170722-080829.png

Kind of been wanting a white sneaker like these and for 100 bucks, probably wont beat the value. Not typically one to complain, so not sure what Im asking for in this post.. but just pointing out another error I noticed.. Ive heard rumors of revamping the site? If so, I hope they post accurate descriptions... and take better photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads