• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlettsl

Reaction score
Anyone wear a 13 C in the 5 Last?

I have a pair of Walnut Mcallisters and Chilli Fifth Avenue's I'm willing to part with for a pretty good price. Would like to sell both pair in one transaction you can Pm me for pics and question and I'll also try to upload pics later this evening.

thecyberguy

Reaction score
Anyone wear a 13 C in the 5 Last?

I have a pair of Walnut Mcallisters and Chilli Fifth Avenue's I'm willing to part with for a pretty good price. Would like to sell both pair in one transaction you can Pm me for pics and question and I'll also try to upload pics later this evening.
I also have to sell my Merlot McAllister's. I bought them in 14D (these were my 2nd pair) and they become very uncomfortable after 2 hours. I have only worn these about 3 times.

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just came back from meeting with Dan. BTW, such a great guy. As always, you gents were spot on. I am a 13EEE not 14E. Although, it some lasts this is not always true. He noticed I was checking out the grey Strands and told him it didn't seem like a versatile color. We literally walked outside with the blue and grey strands to see them in the daylight. I ended up ordering a pair.:butbut:

BTW, did you know that both him and his son are featured in Father's day sale catalog? :eek2:
Glad it worked out for you!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. I will be off on vacation for a week to see the newest grandson in the smfdoc family and will not have the chance to post much. Yes, grandson as we do not make girls. 57 years since the last female was born with the smfdoc surname. Stay safe and sane for the Fourth and let's not blow off any fingers. Today, #8 King LWBs.

FullSizeRender 174.jpg
IMG_1886.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look like the mapleton to me. @smfdoc has a pair.

You are CORRECT sir! The Mapleton is made of black Alpine grain leather. No polish needed. Just use leather lotion, which will preserve the contrast stitching. Discontinued in February 2006.

New2Suits

Reaction score
That was fast! Thanks.. threw out a lowball offer... but keeping an eye on them.. would make a good beater pair of casual shoes for the right price.

New2Suits

Reaction score
You are CORRECT sir! The Mapleton is made of black Alpine grain leather. No polish needed. Just use leather lotion, which will preserve the contrast stitching. Discontinued in February 2006.

Poron? Insoles? They look comfortable.. are they comfortable? I have a pair of Wilberts and a pair of Black hills.. how do they compare?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I just came back from meeting with Dan. BTW, such a great guy. As always, you gents were spot on. I am a 13EEE not 14E. Although, it some lasts this is not always true. He noticed I was checking out the grey Strands and told him it didn't seem like a versatile color. We literally walked outside with the blue and grey strands to see them in the daylight. I ended up ordering a pair.:butbut:

BTW, did you know that both him and his son are featured in Father's day sale catalog? :eek2:
Glad you got that fixed. Determining your best fit (as opposed to your brannock size) can be tricky, but once you find out your size on the 65, figuring things out will get a bit easier. On the other hand, if you have a good SA/SM your way ahead of the game.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was fast! Thanks.. threw out a lowball offer... but keeping an eye on them.. would make a good beater pair of casual shoes for the right price.

Yes, they are a great beater shoe and it has earned its place in the shoe bag. I had them in black and brown. Eventually sold the black but the brown will not be going anywhere. BTW, I have a pair of the brown in 10D if someone needs a pair, just PM me. Cheap!

IMG_1262 2.jpg
IMG_1092.jpg

Fatmatt5

Reaction score

Didn't you recently say that you were done buying once you hit 10 pair :cheers:

Oh the weasels.

TresG

Reaction score
You will not regret this purchase, especially not at the current price. Versatile, comfortable, and a great overall look for a heritage boot. Easily my favorite pair of AEs. Seriously. My pants dance every time I wear them.
I'm looking forward to wearing them. They'll be my first "real" pair of Allen Edmonds shoes that can be recrafted, as my first two pairs (Kirkwood and Sea Island) are from the AE by Allen Edmonds line.

Next up is a pair of black Carlyles for my sister's wedding coming up this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads