• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, Dabondo is selling my old walnut Carlyle's. I should probably let him know they are not actually 8 D.

You know your a shoeholic when you can tell a third party vendor is reselling your cast-offs.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The last couple of times I was in a store, they didn't even offer to have me try on shoes or order them in.
Edit: That's only been my situation in a regular retail store. The outlet store has been much more helpful.

The only two retail stores I've been to are the ones in Houston- the one by my office is fantastic, the one by where I live absolutely blows. The closest I've had to a good experience there was that they were borderline cordial once.

Voice of Reason

Reaction score
My Bourbon Cornwallis arrived today. I have Bourbon Strands on order as well.

I know some on this forum don't like the burnishing but it really works well with this show in Bourbon. I love them with one exception. Is the burnishing smudge something worthy of a return??

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only two retail stores I've been to are the ones in Houston- the one by my office is fantastic, the one by where I live absolutely blows. The closest I've had to a good experience there was that they were borderline cordial once.

Byron at the SCP store in Costa Mesa is pretty cool. Unfortunately, I generally look for seconds or MTO. Neither of which is his specialty. For seconds, Krystle at Jeffersonville is second to none. I highly recommend her.

BTW - there's a new Allen Edmonds coming to LA in Century City.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only thing that could make these Higgins Mills any better would be if I had been smart enough to have purchased them at the $250 sale price. I seem to have been pretty lucky with my pair. I cannot find a single thing wrong except for a super tiny dent back by the heel and one light scratch in an inconspicuous place.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My Bourbon Cornwallis arrived today. I have Bourbon Strands on order as well.

I know some on this forum don't like the burnishing but it really works well with this show in Bourbon. I love them with one exception. Is the burnishing smudge something worthy of a return??

You'll add your own character to them as you polish them, so I say they look fine. Love that color. Enjoy!

catlettsl

Reaction score

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone (@TexasTexter
?) ever had a return shipment to AE get lost in transit via UPS? Returned 3 pairs of shoes 2-3 weeks ago. Decided I would check on the tracking to see if it made it back to Port Washington. UPS reported it lost and have opened an investigation. Not sure what happens next... UPS CS is telling me to work it out with AE.

I once dropped off a return to FedEx dropbox. Tracking was never updated, and, as far as I know, AE never got the package. They refunded me for the shoes.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The last couple of times I was in a store, they didn't even offer to have me try on shoes or order them in.
Edit: That's only been my situation in a regular retail store. The outlet store has been much more helpful.

That's my experience, as well. In retail stores I always had to prepay, while in outlets, on one occasion, I was able to order in 4 or 5 pairs.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only thing that could make these Higgins Mills any better would be if I had been smart enough to have purchased them at the $250 sale price. I seem to have been pretty lucky with my pair. I cannot find a single thing wrong except for a super tiny dent back by the heel and one light scratch in an inconspicuous place.

Looking great. You'll love them. I got my same color pair from that same store. They quickly became my favorite AE of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads