1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Insano

Captain Insano Senior member

This is great, thanks for the info and everybody else for posting, extremely helpful as now I can just search by model number. It sounds like I'm interested in the 4035,4045, and definitely 4047. The McTavish definitely looks like a very nice shoe. The first thing I did when I woke up this morning after wondering about the tightness on the pinky toe yesterday... I thought about it and I was wearing regular socks, a little on the thick side (dickies work socks). This morning I put on dress socks, way thinner. With the dress socks fitment is no issue at all. Pinky/little toe feels fine even on my left foot which I think my left foot is a very tiny bit bigger than my right. So I think if I want to keep these Neuomks fitment def won't be an issue.

I'm extremely torn about keeping this color. It actually is pretty cool lighter brown. I can wear it with literally anything. I know with a suit it might not be the best shoe to wear, but definitely would be passable with the traditional brown laces in (I have the red in right now). Debating more.........

PS - thanks again all for the info on the McTavish. I still am in the market for a VERY light brown, more of a light tan than a brown (almost yellowish I'm thinkin) like that vid I posted. So maybe I like all of them, but if I keep the Neumok my goal would be get a khaki 4047 as I think that's definitely a lot different color than these Neumoks and diversifies my shoe portfolio better. I have some black dress boots and some black passable dress shoes I can use for a while so not interested in black/dark right now.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Anyone know the model number on the crackled McTavish?

3. BL70

BL70 Senior member

to answer the question from a few days ago about not raising the ire of my significant other... For me its been a combination of the right timing and bargain hunting. I've generally bought shoes with 'found money.' My first pair were with gift cards, and several others were either gift cards or just picking out my own birthday gift. I also have never spent over $300 on a pair, and that includes 5 first quality, and 3 seconds which were under $200. The firsts were either clearance, RDA sales, or Amazon discounted prices.

2 people like this.
  4. Amercs

Amercs Active Member

My AEs for the day, picture before I got my coffee...
    [​IMG]

5. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Another short-lived AE model - the Parliament. One of the most comfortable AE shoes I own (on the 678 last) and rubber Executive sole perfect for rainy days.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. manowar

manowar Senior member

Dark Chili Warwicks today. A bit roughed up, but that works fine for casual. Though they were snug at first they are great now. I sized down 1 whole size from brannock, I am a 10.5 B-C and these are 9.5 D.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

No shoes, but working on my no sock tan line in Vegas.
    [​IMG]

8. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I'll be flying over top of you in about an hour on my way to Reno. Heading to Tahoe for the weekend. No AEs today, rocking my Frye Walter lace ups, which are Indy knock offs. Made in USA though.

Thank god for precheck or I would never wear these through an airport.

BTW, have you thought about getting some AE golf shoes?

1 person likes this.
  9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@M635Guy I have the black & brown crackle. Brown crackle is 4046 - looked this morning.

10. Dario65

Dario65 Senior member

Those a much more casual looking than I expected, and lighter. They look like a monk strap version of my Freiburgs. This makes me want a pair despite the 201 last being an odd fit for me (I have to go long to get the width I need, and it makes my feet feel huge).

11. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I have yes. Don't know if I'm ready to make that plunge. I golf a ton and I'd need 5 pairs at least. *casually clicks on golf shoes*

12. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wearing my brown grain Kiowas (like Strands, but with split reverse welts and Vibram lug soles) today......

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. manowar

manowar Senior member

Sitting right by a window, the lighting may be a tad misleading. I did not do a color correction to more closely match the actual shade.

As for the fit, it can be a pain. Brooks styles don't seem to come in widths. Maybe the oxbloods could be tamed to look more casual by stripping the welt color and adding polish to negate the strong redness. Just a thought, as I have no experience with oxblood.

14. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

I love the shoe / sock / pant combo. I have a question regarding that....

How close do you match your socks with other accessories such as ties or pocket squares. Is it important to have the same colors, colors that compliment, or is it anything goes? I mostly wear sport coat, dress slacks, and tie to work. Occasionally I wear a suit, depending on my meetings that day.

By the way... Quit showing pics of shells. I'm falling in love.

15. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

As far as socks, I just go with what I like. No real matching - I don't usually wear a tie or pocket square. I usually wear slacks and a sport coat with no tie. Today I am wearing a blue check shirt and blue/grey faint patterned sport coat. I really like these sock with tan slacks so they got the pick this morning.

When I wear suits, I don't go with loud socks. I keep it more subtle - maybe a pattern, but nothing that stands out.

Chris

1 person likes this.
  16. jaba

jaba Member

17. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

Yet another entry into the keep or send back game:

[​IMG]

Leeds, stitching outside of the channel.I can feel it when running my fingers over it. Just a problem in the one spot...any chance this will affect longevity? Other than that it is a very nice, plain, black shoe.

Edit: Another angle.

[​IMG]

18. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

How do I add one of those "eye roll" emojis?

19. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

20. BL70

BL70 Senior member

A thank you to whoever finally bought those bourbon strands and Mcallisters in my size that have been sitting on clearance forever. My conviction of not buying another pair right now was wearing thin :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.