1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

I have the opposite experience with SAs, they recommend a 12D but I'll go with an 11.5E or 11E for snugness.

[​IMG]

2. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

I prefer a looser shoe in general but there's a big difference between looser casual shoes and dress shoes. The 10D in the 65 fits me perfectly. I just need to be OK with a small V gap. The OCD in me wants that completely closed.

3. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

Nice shoes/color scheme btw :)

4. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I find the Dalton to be much less roomy in comparison to the Dundee. For me I wear 8.5EE in the 65 (Strand, Park Ave) and 8.5E for the Dundee. I ordered a Dalton in 8.5E and the length is great but unfortunately it is much tighter width wise on my feet. It doesn't look like the Dalton comes in 8.5EE so I think my only options are to try 9E or 8.5EEE.

Everyone's feet are different but based on my experience, I would think that you should keep the width and length the same from the Park Ave to the Dalton. If I were you I'd probably try 9.5E for both pairs and see how they feel. You could be right in moving up to a 10 if 9.5 felt too short for your toes but the heal slip may say otherwise.

5. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

It's almost a little sad seeing all the marketing AE is suddenly doing for "you can, like, totally wear some of our shoes with no socks. NO SOCKS. SOCKLESS!"

It's as if one of their style consultants came to work one day, was like "hey, people have been doing this sockless thing for a few years, it's high time we jumped on it as if it was something new", and they've just run with it.

6. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Haha, yeah. They're always a little behind the style trends. I see their products as more "Midwestern" and less "fashionable"

7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I suppose I can't fault them for trying to branch out a bit, it just comes off as a bit silly.

8. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Perfect timing for @BackInTheJox comment. I hope this doesn't get me shunned. Two justifications. It's going to be 70 degrees today which is the equivalent of 120 when you've seen 40 the last month. 2) testing out some no show socks. Also, once I can golf again, the cankles will be a bit more tan...(McGregors in oxblood)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

10. peppercorn78

Sorry, I'm unable to focus on the shoes due to the blinding contrast!

[​IMG]

11. peppercorn78

I dig that SC and you know I love the boots, but it may be a leeeetle too much herringbone for my eyes. Are the trews textured as well?

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I went through something similar when I was about 25 pairs to 30 pairs in(mostly AE)...At that point I had started to expand into other makers and decided that boots were more my thing. What I did was log the exact fit of the last and shoe's in a spreadsheet for reference on size fitting. For shoes I LOVED but hardly wore they stayed...for shoes I wore a lot, I bought replacements in the correct size and sold the originals. For shoes that I liked but rarely wore I tried to find what I enjoyed about them...color, style, sole, versatility etc...then I tried to take three aspects from three different shoes and combine them into one new purchase and sell the other three. For example I had a #8 Shell shortwing bal, a burgundy longwing and a #8 shell shortwing blutcher...none fit perfect and I hardly ever wore the two shortwings( I am a gunboat guy) so I ordered a #8 Shell longwing in the proper size and sold the other three

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  14. will82

will82 New Member

15. will82

will82 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.