1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Hmmm, is this the pair I swear I saw earlier today on the Shoe Bank site but now is no longer coming up? Thought I was hallucinating when I saw the price. Either way, good for you!

2. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A little warmer today, so busted out the Fullertons to go see my four-year-old's Christmas program. Sorry, bad picture quality and got a little face in there.

1 person likes this.
  3. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Thanks to everyone for your boot opinions. Stopped in to harass the SA at my local retail store last night and tried on the Long Branch. In person, I actually preferred the looks of the brown grain version to the golden brown CXL version. Maybe it was the excessive contrast between the color of the leather and the black sole. Fit was great in my normal starting size and I liked the looks with both the red and brown laces. I'm always surprised by what I end up liking. I know those are super casual, but they are destined to be in the collection some day if they don't discontinue them before their number comes up.

As mentioned at least once, a nice balance seems to be the First Ave in brown grain. Wish they were discounted a bit more at the moment. If they were, they'd probably be on the way to me.

4. AdironDoc

AdironDoc Member

I've been down that same path last week. Tried the Long Branch and preferred the brown grain despite the CXL leather's superior winter manners. I just couldn't convince myself the golden brown's CXL was worth my color preference. A bit plain to my taste. Tried them again and knew I could never be happy with the golden browns. Went to the shoe bank and located the darker brown grain up in Chicago. The local NY retailer wasn't happy about my decision to go get factory seconds, but of course, why would he be? The Shoe Bank's price was great and with a bit of luck, they'll arrive tomorrow. Good luck on your path to boot nirvana.

Doc

1 person likes this.
  5. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

They are Allen Edmonds' boot sock 3-pack. Not sure who manufactures them, but they claim to be made in USA. The LG is recommended for sizes 9 through 12, but they fit my 13-14 feet just right.

1 person likes this.
  6. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Man, if these had a punch cap like the Bleecker I'd be throwing fistfuls of money at them to make me a pair in brown shell and that tweed.

7. aero25

aero25 Senior member

All this talk of Dalton.... Do they fit like the Higgins Mill?

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

No.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. bishopcraiga

bishopcraiga Well-Known Member

Hmmm, is this the pair I swear I saw earlier today on the Shoe Bank site but now is no longer coming up? Thought I was hallucinating when I saw the price. Either way, good for you!
    [/quote] Only if it was the 12 E. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10. aero25

aero25 Senior member

Very succinct! [​IMG]

I thought I read that the Dalton is a little shorter than the 65 last, so are most of you sizing up?

11. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

That wasn't the same pair then. No matter, I hope you enjoy yours!

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

It is, but I don't. I take the same (8E) as I do in 65 balmorals. I could wear 8D in the Dalton with very thin socks, but I prefer 'E'.

13. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Perhaps, in the interest of science of course, you could post pics of each of you in your new boots and we could compare, contrast, evaluate, etc. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote: You know you're iconic when anything like that is read in your voice in the minds of anyone who sees it...

16. bishopcraiga

bishopcraiga Well-Known Member

If I want to keep the boots, that's a suggestion that I won't bring up to her. While, unlike others, I do not hide my purchases from her, she does not understand and only just barely condones my clothing/footwear purchases. Participating would be beyond the pale I'm afraid. That being said, pics will follow when the Daltons arrive. Got the shipping notice and they should make in by the end of the week. Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

17. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

While doing my usual patrol of the Internet, I happened upon some 100% wool flannel trousers that are marked down to a (somewhat) reasonable price. Not sure why those things need to be so expensive in the first place, but fine I'll play along. Being that my budget for such indulgences is finite (drat!), it is causing me to think about re-purposing shoe/boot funds. Looks like I need to start moonlighting. If anyone has any side jobs for a general purpose IT guy, hit me up! Alternatively, if anyone can provide a stable, violence-free home for one or more children, also hit me up!

1 person likes this.
  18. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

+1 for Shakers +2 for chili +3 for native Texans (San Antone here) I'm pretty sure I've never worn my Shkers with anything but blue jeans, now that I think about it.

19. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Quality wool flannel trousers rock, especially with a nice cuff. What are you looking at? I'd like to pick up a lighter gray one.

20. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

J Press has 40% off serveral styles. I've never actually purchased anything from them so can't personally vouch for them. If you have, let me know what you think of that outfit. Just don't buy all of them in my size. :)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.