1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tb43

tb43 Senior member

To all with shell cordovan shoes, I've heard they fit a little looser? I need a little extra room in the toe area on the 5 last but don't think I can go up another width.

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I haven't really found this to be true. Cowhide / CXL definitely fits looser, though not enough to make me want to change sizes.

3. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

MD chukkas and my new Saks cashmere blazer. These boots do not keep your feet warm, other than that they are so awesome.

1 person likes this.
  4. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

For AE, I think they do fit a little looser. I had to go a 1/2 size down from my Brannock on a 511 last shoe. Alden, OTOH, has much better shell to calf consistency. That's been my experience anyway.

Speaking of shell, I went w/my strands 2day:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I feel like brown shell Strands are one of the most beautiful shoes out there.

Not shell or Strands:
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Chili Shakers today, cause, well... Shakers rock! And it is still a little chilly out (at least for this native Texan).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Did @TexasTexter every reply to you @MattRiv pertaining to what he does? I feel like he has every pair AE has made in any recent memory.

In response to a question posted earlier I only have a brown shell strand and a returned black shell PA for reference but I have not found shell to change my fit at all. It is maybe a little and I mean in the slightest of ways larger but they don't give at all like calf does. Oh I also have some dundees in burgundy shell but they are likely going back. I've had them for a bit and still haven't worn. I'll see if I can post pictures tonight. I'm sure the weasels will tell me to keep em.

8. tb43

tb43 Senior member

Thanks for the replies. I'll give my usual size a shot.

9. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I find it does, but the difference is small. Not a full letter difference, maybe a 1/4 to at most 1/2 letter.

If you you just need a LITTLE bit, it may help, but you really need to try the shoes to be sure.

10. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

11. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

12. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Neutral wax probably not a bad way to go if you are happy with its color. Unless I'm trying to darken the toe I use neutral wax.

13. quickonthetree

quickonthetree Senior member

Where or how are you guys finding Daltons for $159? I have been trying like crazy to find them to snatch up and I keep coming up empty handed.

14. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

It was Colonel Bourbon in the Shoebank with the lucky sizing.

4 people like this.
  15. quickonthetree

quickonthetree Senior member

I have been looking on the bank and other places. No luck on a 13d or 13e.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  16. gm928

gm928 Senior member

The only pair that I see still available on the 'bank is 11.5 D.

17. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

Believe me, I know. It's been taunting me for a while. But, with a Golden Brown CXL Long Branch, and all my money tied up in X-mas gifts, I've had to ignore it.

2 people like this.
  18. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Obviously the solution is to go get a 0 interest credit card and buy them. *I am not responsible for all of the additional pairs you buy after doing this. Merry Christmas! [​IMG]

19. AdironDoc

AdironDoc Member

I'm always on the lookout for a pair of warm socks but not as crazy thick as the shrunken merino WigWams I use in hunting boots. Who makes those socks you bought? Are they snug? I'm a 7.5 D and find the heel cup of too many "one size fits all" socks end up half way up my calf!

20. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.