1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Nice! Were these MTO? Didn't realize HM came in shell.

2. shunted22

shunted22 Senior member

Yep MTO, 8 weeks and no fuss

1 person likes this.
  3. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Whoops. Forgot to hit "Quote" button and instead hit "Reply." Trying to stay away from the forum to curb my shoe enthusiasm (not working) and got rusty in the process.

4. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Can I just say that they put about half of the shoe styles I've been eyeballing on clearance and now they are gone in my size? That's what I get for trying to lay low for a while. Bleep.

1 person likes this.
  5. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

I've missed about 100 pages of posts or more. Can someone fill me in real quick?

6. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Shoes.
    Shoes.
    Fit questions.
    Mind blowing shoes.
    Pithy memes.
    Shoes
    Fit questions.
    Shoes.
    Keep/return?
    Shoes.

7 people like this.
  7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:This, plus AE was sold to a company called Caleres and there was some hand-wringing, but it is going to be OK.

8. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Okay, now for a more serious post. So, I was in the store a week or so ago trying on Daltons in part because all of this cold weather had me thinking I need more boots. And that's not to mention it's available in bourbon. I didn't have a lot of time and only tried one size which was my normal starting size. I was experiencing considerable heel slip although the front end of the shoe felt pretty decent. I was wondering if any Dalton owners would be willing to share their fit experiences and what size they have compared to their 65-last style or whatever means of comparison would be appropriate.

For me, my previous experience trying on the First Ave in the same size was much more agreeable. I'd probably waiting for mine to arrive if they were available in bourbon and for the $100 off.

Thanks!

9. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

LMAO. Good to know there are things out there that one can count on.

10. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:I'll join you in a bourbon - I've been meaning to have a pour of the Blanton's I brought back from Japan - but really, I think it is going to be fine. I actually think there's every chance that this will make AE better, but we'll see...

12. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

That and slathering brown cordovan cream on the lighter one.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I noticed your absence. I assumed your wallet got tired of hanging around this place.

15. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

One final post for this evening. I am looking for a boot I can wear no matter what's on the ground. I don't plan on abusing them, but I will wear them about in the snow. Do the split reverse welt and grain leather prevent the First Ave with Dainite from being appropriate to wear with pants dressier than chinos or five-pocket cords? I'm on the fence myself.

16. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

If you're looking for snow boots then you need to compromise somewhere

17. RMB35

RMB35 Member

I received mine about 2 weeks ago

18. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I think they'd be fine with anything short of a suit.

19. AdironDoc

AdironDoc Member

I'm loving the Bellevues I got earlier this week for $198 during the AE sale. Winter in New York brings cold wet days and occasionally slushy train platforms and with that, the city's denizens bring out their hiking boots and work boots. To work, I wear khakis or cords, sweater and knit tie and wanted something a bit more dapper than my work boots. I love my wingtips but I'm not a fan of wet leather bottoms and wanted to don some merino wool socks. That meant larger shoes. I went a half size up which allows my toes to move even with the woolens. An unexpected light snow fell while I was out, giving the Bellevues their first real challenge. Grip was good, feet stayed warm, and the water droplets seemed to bead off. I don't want to baby them, but don't want to trash them either. Any thoughts on adding a bit of protection against unexpected water? If water beads off, am I wrong in surmising that creams, etc, won't penetrate either?
    [​IMG]

Move over you old mutts. There's a new dog in town.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

The brown grain First Ave is my snow boot when traveling north for work (worn with coat/trousers or suit sans tie). You could also look at the Longbranch, though I think the FA can "hide" a little better with more formal wear.

It was more about rugged winter wear, but @Neo1 (I think, apologies if it was someone else) gave some desires/suggestions on boots within the last 3 days or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.