1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Thank you.
    I have two pairs of shoes on this last. One is pretty tight on my left toes, but the other pair (which I just now realized is on the same last) fits pretty good.

2. Marc S

Marc S Well-Known Member

Great news guys! You never know, indeed.

I finally sent in my Fifth Avenues just after Thanksgiving for inspection including pics of how they fit on my feet and a letter about sizing.

They are very backed up in the Quality department so I just heard back from them yesterday. I was hoping to get AE credit (and for that reason hadn't bought the replacement yet) but much to my surprise, they gave me a one time full refund. Talk about customer service!!!

I wish I had done this in time for the RDA. I sent them in before the Cincinatti 15% off sale ended, but due to the three week review time it has passed. I am going to call Peggy and see if she could still honor it given the situation.

With that in mind, could I ger your opinion on Carlyle vs. Exchange Place for the wedding/funeral shoe?

The 108 last fits me well (Mora 2.0) but I've tried the Exchange Place and it fits well too in same size. Love the slight chisel of the 1943 last too.

Thanks!

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

The Carlyle will be more formal, but the exchange more traditional. And versatile, in my opinion. In the end, go for whichever your bride to be prefers :p

1 person likes this.
  4. Marc S

Marc S Well-Known Member

Thanks for the opinion. Im also leaning Exchange Place.

However I've been married for just over 5 years so while I'm certainly still a marriage rookie, I hope there is no bride to be :)

5. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Wing Saturday doesn't have the same ring as Wednesday but I'm a rebel. Also learned a valuable lesson. When I updated my wardrobe I thought I was an L for shirts. Well come to find out I'm an M. Would have been nice to take more time on a better fit but you live and learn. And spend more money...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Bit inclement today

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4 people like this.
  7. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Working on a Saturday, bro? Damn....

Take those shirts to ta tailor and have them custom fitted. Might cost a little bit per shirt, but better than looking like you are wearing a parachute for a shirt.

1 person likes this.
  8. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

That's the regular schedule for me. Tues-Sat but every now and then I'll have to work a Monday and have a different day of the week off. The L's don't fit "that" bad, but there is more material of course. And because of my t-rex arms I already took them to a tailor to get the sleeves shortened. I bought a few M's during these holiday sales so we'll see if I can live with the L's for another season or two. Who knows, maybe I'll get fat and then I'll be set with well fitting shirts :)

9. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

No, the Galleria

10. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

When is the next sale on second shells?

11. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Meanwhile, here in SE Texas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

[​IMG]

Shell Leiden

9 people like this.
  13. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Wow that sucks. I would have been pissed as hell.

14. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

2 people like this.
  15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Fantastic! Looks like higher than usual SPI for AE, too. Mind posting a detailed up close pic of the welt area?

16. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Been eyeing them and proper cloth for a bit now. In a pinch so I hit up J Crew on their in store 40% off stuff and got a few shirts to hold me over before I really get my measurements down pat. What's funny is on my clothing quest I had basically nothing even close to business casual, to arguably too much business casual (no suits, but button ups and slacks). So when I hit the point of weeding out things I like and fit well, I'll for sure go MTM from now on.

17. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Do yourself a favor and if you're doing the "button up and slacks" thing sans tie, be sure you have a button-down collar. Nothing looks sloppier than a spread or point collar with no tie (well, yes there are sloppier things out there, but this looks very bad).

18. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

If I don't have a tie on, all my dress shirts do have collar stays. Own a few button down dress shirts though as well. I actually enjoy wearing a tie, but I've never owned a suit except one when I was in high school so I'm not used to, or really care for wearing a jacket/sport coat/blazer. One day I might fully grow up, but I'd much rather spend that jacket/blazer/sport coat money on shoes :)

1 person likes this.
  19. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

Will do. I'll get them tommorw. What is SPI?

20. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Stitches per inch. I'm always impressed when people can tell by looking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.