• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultravisitor

Reaction score
I may have missed discussion on this, but am I the only one who kind of loves the Rudolph? Those colors go great together, and AE is surprisingly on trend this season with the two-tone cap toe shoe.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@smfdoc Have not tried it but also wanted to mention its unlined also - going from calf, lined & independence to unlined suede I would think has to make a significant difference - I would try.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Randy Brooks You won't like my answer I'm sure.

id get the merlot mac, walnut rogue, gold rush st & brown Mctavish. But if the mctavish was true brown & not "cognac" I would return that one. Otherwise id have to go for all 4.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm proud that I haven't bought a new shoe in 1 month and 1 day.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll probably not see me ever buy a used shoe, unless it comes from Dabondo's "worn one time!!" shoes.

Loved the comment about us being counsellors.
crackup%5B1%5D.gif

Sorry - can't find your earlier thing. Another thing I noticed regarding those NR styles you mentioned on the shoebank. They use 4 digits for welts & 5 for handsewns, but did you notice some of those NR things don't have the "S" on the end now? Meaning they are 1sts but maybe produced for the shoebank outlets only? Just speculating.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have missed discussion on this, but am I the only one who kind of loves the Rudolph? Those colors go great together, and AE is surprisingly on trend this season with the two-tone cap toe shoe.

I don't love it, but I definitely don't hate it. I'm not a fan of two harsh contrasting colors - as much as I like the idea of a spectator, the Broadstreet pattern is too much for me. To a different degree I was never a big fan of these webgem neumok 1.0 makeups. But this isn't bad. I would have loved a lot more red but from the web pic, I concluded I'd have to see this in person. I would have loved it if they made "The Luci" - all burnished red instead of mostly brown.

Found it somewhat interesting they used the Strandmok platform on this - that seems like it's here to stay and the Neumok 1.0 is truly gone now, sad. No more jingle mok I guess.

harlequin782

Reaction score
For some reason I wasnt a big fan of the original brown strandmok (although I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday with them on, and they actually looked great), but Im really digging the rudolph...couple of small quibbles 1) i wish they has given it a different name, and 2) the "burnishing" doesnt transition as smoothly between colors as it did on the original brown strandmok...cool looking shoe though

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the BB x AE Shaker Heights on this rainy morning.

Haven't had a chance to clean/polish them up - I threw some trees in them and put them in a box after their last wear back in March or so.

Regardless, still probably the most comfy boot I own (well, second, behind the Long Branch).

bkdc

Reaction score
I have no idea what this refers to, but I up-voted it, because..... shell.

I've posted this before, but I'll do it again. My 12+ year old Macneil shell. For about 8 years, I never conditioned it and would just give it a brushing. I expect this pair to outlast me. My 10 year old calfskins don't look half as good. Shell wears like iron. Knowing how these behave, I happily pay the premium for shell cordovan. I have to say that my more recent MacNeil shell (in black) isn't as well constructed as my old Macneils. The employees at AE aren't as experienced or aren't as conscientious about stitching or cutting patterns these days. Some say shell cordovan doesn't breathe as well as calf, but my feet are far more comfortable in shell with the double leather soles than with calfskin leather shoes and non-breathable soles (like Dainite or Vibram lugs).

Last edited:

Middlife

Reaction score
I do like the Loden color at least in theory, but I am not sure how functional it would be for me aside from wearing with denim. Perhaps I'm not keeping an open enough mind about it. I believe @Middlife has a pair and I liked the looks of his.

Was your issue that the Bitter Chocolate is too dark? As I already have the Fullertons in Snuff Suede, my first inclination would be Bitter Chocolate. However, I've only seen the online pictures and not in person.
I think they look great but I've realized I don't own enough to tans/browns/light grey so I mainly wear them with Denim. I solved this problem though by going pants shopping :)

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went all out for my final blue/gray/grey combo

Even wearing Bleu de Chanel.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my oldest AE shoes today - my 26 year old burgundy McAllisters

Chris

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't love it, but I definitely don't hate it. I'm not a fan of two harsh contrasting colors - as much as I like the idea of a spectator, the Broadstreet pattern is too much for me. To a different degree I was never a big fan of these webgem neumok 1.0 makeups. But this isn't bad. I would have loved a lot more red but from the web pic, I concluded I'd have to see this in person. I would have loved it if they made "The Luci" - all burnished red instead of mostly brown.

Found it somewhat interesting they used the Strandmok platform on this - that seems like it's here to stay and the Neumok 1.0 is truly gone now, sad. No more jingle mok I guess.

Spoke to a SA associate about this and he stated that the jingle bell mok will be back this year and that it has been a very popular seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads