1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackboot

Jackboot Senior member

Nice score! I have the exact same pair and they are easily one of my favorites. Good thing you took a chance on them even though they were rumored to be in poor shape.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Well, at one point I had 6 different pairs in my BB checkout (not all at once you FBW) but I exercised my inner eagle (had to Google what animal kills weasels) and no shoes this go around. Still eyeing a brown Bartlett as my next though.

3. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Think I am finally coming around on the Chelsea Boot style. Have a pair in black that I never wear, but loving the Liverpools I see posted - especially the suede.

How has everyone been fitting them? TTS? Same as 5-last?

4. lodemia

lodemia Senior member

I am really close to getting the walnut strand BB version. I have the black and brown, and my OCD really wants the walnut ones.

5. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

This is nerdy, but I have my Ebay account set up so it sends me email alerts when "bartlett 8 D" is posted on the site.

1 person likes this.
  6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

That's bad? I have something like ten of those alerts set.

2 people like this.
  7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'm coming to the conclusion that my pebbled-leather AExBB's don't fit me very well... :(

8. matthewisch

matthewisch Member

Rolled the dice on a pair of Bourbon Daltons from the shoebank last week. Someone convince me otherwise, but I'm not sure these are worth the $170 I paid. Coloring is very patchy and there's what appears to be a dribble of glue (?) on the outer ankle. I'm also looking for a pair of snuff Dundees and/or Higgins Mill, maybe money could be better spent there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. lodemia

lodemia Senior member

Mine's more open ended. "13 shell in men's clothing." I've gotten some interesting alerts, including a Tomy Bahama shirt with 13 shells on it.

1 person likes this.
  10. lodemia

lodemia Senior member

Those look to be genuine seconds. At $170, I think I'd enjoy the challenge of hitting them with some rubbing alcohol and bringing them back with cream, but I don't mind a little 1:1 time when I'm on a day long forecast call...

11. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Definitely not bad, but obsessive? Probably. I have been known to get obsessed with things I'm passionate about.

Quote:
    I have "crockett ane jones 7" set up as well, and also "hopkinson 8." I can't do "Allen Edmonds 8" because it will flood my inbox.

12. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I would suggest keeping them. Unless they're a size 13B. Then you should absolutely send them back.

3 people like this.
  13. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

1 person likes this.
  14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I have about 20 different alerts, but it's mostly specific models of Allen Edmonds shoes.

15. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I believe this is my first Wingtip Wednesday photo.

1 person likes this.
  16. lodemia

lodemia Senior member

Since we're giving away eBay secrets, I've seen "Edmund" often enough to always check for it.

Oh and those daltons- if they're 13d, there's no fixing them. I'll take care of the return.

17. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

The models I looked at were Blake-stitched in Italy. So, mid-range fashion shoes. More expensive than I'd pay, but if you want new shoes every year but can't swing real fashion brands, not the worst in the world.

18. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Word on the street is that the gift card you receive is only redeemable from 12/26 to sometime in early January I think. In other words, it shouldn't be active yet and likely the sale will be over by then. Clearly you were able to bypass this, or perhaps I am incorrect in my understanding.

1 person likes this.
  19. armedferret

armedferret Senior member

Nope was active today. That's why there's two separate gift card payments, one for 150 and one for 25. Maybe they didn't put that restriction in place just yet but intend to? No idea. I just know I got walnut Strand firsts for almost $100 less than seconds are on the bank right now. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Not AE, but my first foray into English footwear- used the Brooks discount today to order the black velvet crown slippers:

[​IMG]

I've wanted these for a while, and they should come in just in time for New Years Eve (which I usually go full black tie with a navy velvet shawl collar dinner jacket)

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.