1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

Shannon Drive would be nice but they don't have my size. I've looked at the Alumnus too, so that could be an option.

2. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Anyone happen to know if the 000 last (which is long extinct), a last that is longer than the 333?

3. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

[​IMG] Looking good!

3 people like this.
  4. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

*sigh*

I was bitten by a rabid weasel this week.... I couldn't miss the bourbon sale so caved and ordered a pair of the Daltons as well as a pair of the distressed grey leather McTavish that popped up on the bay. I really have to start whittling down some things I'm not overly attached to....

2 people like this.
  5. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I feel that the "0" last is much tighter in the toebox.

6. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Thanks. Do you own a shoe on this last? I realize it's tough to get info about this one because it's long gone. I was told it is a long last and was trying to avoid anything longer than the 333. The shoe I'm interested in is a blucher, so I would probably be okay.

7. pbrandes

pbrandes Senior member

If anyone has seen this year's Freiburg, how close is it to last year's lighter tan version?

8. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I own a pair of shoes on the "0" last, and two pairs on the 333.
    The 333 is super roomy (as a blucher), but is OK with an added insole.
    The "0" crunched the toes on my left foot, similar to a "65" (maybe a little worse than the 65).
    YMMV

1 person likes this.
  9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

My girlfriend lets me use her Amazon prime account, so, when I logged in tonight to print a return label for a would-be Christmas present for my brother, I noticed, in the "recent orders" section, that my girlfriend has bought me a pair of Oakwood suede Clark's desert boots for Christmas. (We were running errands and stopped into a shoe store, and I idly mentioned that my old ([dark brown suede] desert boots were wearing out and I would someday want to replace them, perhaps with a lighter-colored pair). A few months back, I almost ordered a snuff suede Dundee during the MD/AE chukka drop . . . if its offered again, or if Allen Edmonds adds them to their regular line, would that snuff be too similar to oakwood to make them worth ordering?

I'm going to be thankful for my gift either way; I'm just thinking ahead a little bit. What do you guys think?

1 person likes this.
  10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

^^^ @BespokeBrooklyn I have a feeling this is going to start of flurry of advice similar to the "How to hide your shoe purchases from your significant other" posts.

My advice: Forget the MD Chukka exists and wear the CDBs. With a smile.

3 people like this.
  11. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'd say the Snuff Dundee for casual use, followed by the Academy (I love mine), then the Neumok.

If you're an 11.5D, I have a pair for sale...

It was a heck of a day. These Strandmoks, a pair of Aldens and a pair of Truman derbys all entered the shoe rack today...
    [​IMG]

12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'm OK with the color, but didn't like the feel of the soles or their stability. I'd go commando (no pun intended...) over dainite every single day, but for this shoe I'd really want a single-leather sole - oiled leather or whatever. If/when I resole I'll probably go with a JR sole, but I feel like it is worth it to give them a chance of a season of wear unless they're just terrible.

13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I liked smfdoc's idea of putting them in shoe bags and then stuffing them in the closet storage. Once you get past the 10th pair, your wife isn't going to notice if you have 12, 14, etc. I know this from experience.

14. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

+1

1 person likes this.
  15. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

I have Oakwood Clark's and they are nice - Merry Christmas!

16. suuteebird

suuteebird Active Member

MD x AE Snuff Suede[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

18. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Looking real good, so glad I ordered the Snuff for myself on the 2nd drop.

19. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Tan McT's today. These really need some conditioning. Pretty sure they have been untouched for the ~3 years I have owned them. (And they are the same color in person...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. aero25

aero25 Senior member

I think I need a little help with fit on my Normandy. I got these last year during the RDA sale, and my heel slip hasn't really gone away. I believe I've worn these enough to have properly break in by this point. I tried a heel pad I bought at Target,which helped some. Maybe my placement is off, but it's still not quite right. Is a tongue pad worth checking into? I've never used any pads before this.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.