1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ennui

ennui Senior member

The bourbon Daltons at the Shoe Bank for $159 are a straight-up steal.

1 person likes this.
  2. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Is the sole on the clearance Freiburg the good Vibram option? I see a lot of people hating on the gumlite, is the Roccia the old one people liked better?
    @Neo1, any insight?
    I like my Freiburgs so much I'd consider these if they weren't almost the same color.

3. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Are you talking past or present I seen them a few weeks ago but today I don't see any in any size.

4. delongej26

delongej26 Member

Any insight on when we may be seeing another cordovan sale on the shoebank?

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

If the statement that they cancelled the trunk show because of a shell shortage is true, my guess is not any time soon...

6. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Going out to get a Christmas tree, so the JBM's get their maiden voyage
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

I always vote leather. I got mine in a double oak leather sole. You won't be disappointed with the Olive Strandmoks.

8. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

These look so much better than on the AE website.

9. drile

drile Active Member

Just picked up a pair of the MacNeil 2.0 in Brown Country Grain with Dainite sole. Been eyeing these for a little bit and was surprised to see them on clearance this morning! I went with a 10.5D on the 7 last since I'm usually a 10E on the 5 last. Hope that works out well.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  10. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Did they have 10.5E? I find the 5-last a little more generous at the toe and for width than my MacNiels. I didn't notice them on clearance - tempting if I didn't have an old pair of V-Cleats in grain I'm planning to restore over the holidays.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  11. drile

drile Active Member

Not online they don't (in 10.5E). I might try calling the local store when they open today and seeing what they have in stock to try on in person. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:Well, if there's not 11.5E, there's not one for me. I dislike Dainite, though there is a really nice pair in my size at the sorta-close ShoeBank...

13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

They do this a lot, although it weird. When the dark chili Lasalle was new immediately went to clearance. I'm most surprised about the Oak Street. What are they going to replace that with? The Freiburg is a bit tempting, but I think I will hold off until it goes down even more.

14. Incainwetrust

Incainwetrust Active Member

Pictures of Boots in question. https://imgur.com/a/FoZLw
    I have a bit of a fit question
    I originally purchased the Higgins Mill Boot in a size 10.5d with it being a touch tight on the toes. Going off of comments with other members I decided to go up a width size to 10.5e. I've worn them now a little under 10 times. There is a lot of toe creasing on the top of the vamp on the left foot and I get minor heel slippage in both feet. Should I have not gone up a width, or will the poron insole settle and form a heel up?

15. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

I don't need any more shoes... Then I got the email about bourbon being back. Learned the hard way about the finish being removed when cleaning or conditioning the leather. Then i saw the bourbon Daltons on shoebank...for $159. Thought i was reading incorrectly, or maybe a typo. My size, definitely my price. Had to do it... Always liked the Dalton in bourbon, so now I'm content for a while (unless new shell colors emerge lol). Thinking about doing something different with the sole...

1 person likes this.
  16. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Anyone have any pics of how bitter chocolate suede looks like? Online it looks almost black. I'm interested in getting a pair of Dundees in that color or a pair in snuff suede. Thanks!

[​IMG]

17. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I don't need any new shoes, either, but I've had two styles on my "someday" list: a penny loafer in a casual leather, like saddle or chromoexcel, and a pebble-grain longwing blucher. Now, they are both on clearance at the same time: tan saddle Kenwoods and the pebble grain MacNeils.

For the MacNeils, I'm inclined to get tan, not brown -- the brown is particularly dark and I'd rather have them lighter and more casual. But ordering two pairs of tan shoes (including the Kenwood) seems to be at least one too many.

18. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

[​IMG]
    Bitter Chocolate Players. Color pretty true to life, they have a richness that doesn't show up online.

2 people like this.
  19. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Thanks. I was thinking that the snuff suede might be too similar to my brogue suede Strands, and my brown Malvern (grain leather) chukkas. So I'm leaning towards the loden or bitter chocolate Dundee.

20. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

My wife won't let me buy snuff or brogue suede because "it looks like poop." But she does like my brown Sea Islands, which look to be in between brogue and chocolate.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.