1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Did you call the CAC? I'm very sorry to hear this, seems to happen a lot to me unfortunately. BUT AE always has superior service even when the product fails.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. TexasTexter

I love those boots! VERY VERY SHARP! Makes me wish I'd got natural sole.

3. TexasTexter

Do you guys get wrinkles in your boots? IS this normal?[​IMG]

My Fifth Streets have wrinkles!

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I have not caught up all on this thread tonight so I do not know if this is a joke regarding another post...but if not...then if you wear them then they will wrinkle...AE's boots are notorious for extra room in the shaft area...

5. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Ummmm...yeah.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  6. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@TexasTexter
    1) Polo did contact the cac - in the background the conversation went as follows. Sir, he's already wiped out an entire posse of cows, horses, lizards, sharks and alligators, do you want me to slow him down? No - that guest gets what he wants.

2) Wrinkles usually happen when you actually take the boots out of the box and wear them. Might be a rare circumstance when you have as many as you but maybe try it with a different pair and see what happens.

1 person likes this.
  7. TexasTexter

@peppercorn78 what shoes are those square toe chukka? Very cool. Brown Shell First Avenues? Thanks for responding I thought maybe they had too much leather.

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Wrinkled Shafts. [​IMG]

Trying my best to not go full Cartman.

1 person likes this.
  9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@ace13x The hell with that, my shaft definitely didn't have any wrinkles when I saw those Daltons from @middlepP

3 people like this.
  10. Rrd0084

Rrd0084 Member

Hello, I bought some shell patriots. Haven't really worn them for more than a few minutes but I am noticing some heel slippage and also a blister(more like a cut from them two rubbing against each other) on the top of of my foot from the tongue. Concerns or just need to be broken in more?Thanks

11. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Rrd0084 I'll give you my 2 cents, but this is just opinion, you will need to decide what to do for yourself since you will ultimately know best.

I love the patriot - it's hands down the best fitting loafer I've ever had. I've had a lot of trouble with loafers in general - the consensus is that the patriot worked very badly for most people - they usually said what you said about the vamp bothering them. They would then size up, which in turn would throw off the rest of the fit. I honestly have never heard of heel slip - the heel on this is tight like a vice.

Bottom line - how did you decide on this? This is where id go I nothing was working. Even the newer stuff like the achesons I feel would be more accommodating. For most people (myself excluded) I'd start with the Randolph.

12. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Oxblood.
    Just because.

6 people like this.
  13. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

I had 2 pairs of Rothsays which are ankle boots on the same 606 last as the Patriots. They fit well so I MTOd a pair of shell Patriots...and doubled down on an MTO bitter suede pair. I was sure there was some mistake when I received them, as they did not fit / shared your pain.

Both Patriot pairs were sold on eBay (MTO items cannot be returned).

The longer you collect shoes, the more likely you'll do occasional fitment purges- where you get rid of your worst fitting few items and keep only the best fitting items in closet. Shell or no shell, form follows function.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  14. lodemia

lodemia Senior member

Yummy

15. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Can I see a few more pics of the Liverpools. I been thinking to sell a few slip on shoes and replace with a slip on boots.

Need someone to help me make the decision.

Maybe some words of why you love them so much.

Edit: why is there no info on the 943B last on the AE site what other shoes/boots are made on it?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  16. masterguns

masterguns Member

17. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Makes me want a pair looking good!

1 person likes this.
  18. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

I realize nothing in this picture is AE, however I had to share my discovery of BR Traveler jeans (and of course include boots/shoes in the picture.) If anyone out there is looking at a pair of jeans, I HIGHLY recommend these. I got them on their black Friday sale (LPT, never pay full price at BR or Crew), I'd assume it'll be similar to their upcoming Christmas one, which was 50% off. Sized down one size for my waist and kept my same length and it now feels like I'm not even wearing pants. I've been reading reviews and wondered why so many people love them. I've drank the kool-aid...
    [​IMG]

19. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Nice, are those Wolverines? Most of my jeans are Seven For All Mankind. Been wearing them since college.

20. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Yes sir Wolverines. Their 1000 Mile Centennial. There's too many brands of clothing I need to try for clothing before I die :( Seven is one for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.