1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

Today is casual day here at the office and it's a beautiful sunny day here in Tennessee. I broke out my vintage Polo saddle oxfords with sharkskin panels. These were made in the early 1980's and are extremely comfortable. I'm not sure what the last is but it's definitely not a current one.

I think @Roycru has a pair. Maybe he can help me out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry, no cheap carpet or coffee cup to show.

3 people like this.
  2. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

And for good measure, a super crappy indoor pic of the Franciscans that substituted for my Bleeckers on a recent (one shoe only) work trip. They didn't quite "blend in" as well as the Bleeckers do with either trousers/coat or dark denim - but then again it was Miami so a little extra flair is expected.

Finish on these is OUTSTANDING! Maybe the best I have seen from AE. Actually bought these "one worn time" through our friendly ebayer, after determining my previous pair were too short. Terrific deal, just wish I wore them more often.
    [​IMG]

3. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Fantastic shape for shoes from the 80s.

4. swigginton

swigginton Well-Known Member

This thread keeps getting worse (for my wallet!). Have bourbon strands on the way from CSC but just ordered 5 pair from BB: 2 sizes of walnut strand, burgundy mcallisters, and 2 sizes of burgundy chukka (Dundee 2.0?).

Had to call home before she saw the big CC hit (and let her know at least 2 pair are going back)

1 person likes this.
  5. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Yes, are the Brooks Brothers chukkas Dundee or Dundee 2.0? And what is the difference between the two?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Plain...e=cj&utm_campaign=6147257&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  6. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    The style number for the polo saddle shoes in the 1980 ended in 4, which would likely be the 234 last. It's based on the 97 last.

7. Nolaman

Nolaman Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, what is the CAC how do I reach them?

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

The only had, 2 a 10 and a 9.5 @ Paramus. They were not standard Dalton make-ups, thats why they were discounted so much. Read back in the thread to my post on black friday if you're interested in the details, but they are gone as far as I know.

1 person likes this.
  9. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Customer Assistance Center. Its the main office for the ShoeBank. Number is on the ShoeBank site.

1 person likes this.
  10. gm928

gm928 Senior member

They aren't really either, but they're more similar to Dundee 2.0. From what I understand, both the original Dundee and the 2.0 are on the 511 last. The differences between the original and the 2.0 are Poron vs. standard insoles, double butyl vs. standard outsole, and a slight difference in the shape of the toe. The Brooks version has the Poron insole (like the 2.0) and the toe-shape of the 2.0, but it has its own unique outsole (leather with tap sole) and dovetail heel. For what it's worth, I have a pair of the BB version, and they are very nice.

1 person likes this.
  11. swigginton

swigginton Well-Known Member

To my knowledge those two pair weren't even listed on shoebank. I got the 9.5 D in black with gum lite lug sole. they don't fit me well but otherwise are flawless, if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  12. Nolaman

Nolaman Well-Known Member

I just called. 9 B and a 10.5 EEE, but neither would work form me. The Rep did mention that all bourbon 2nds appear to be on sale at $159 though. She specifically mentioned the McCalister, Carlyle and franciscan I believe.

13. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Post the style number of this shoe, if you would not mind. I thought it was the 8254, which was tan calf and kudu, as opposed to shark. I want to check my data. Thanks.

14. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

OK finally managed to hunt down a pair of Normandy boots brown in my size for the sale price and on the way.

My question is the lacing what is everyone's opinion on the advertised lacing do you do it or not, what do you guys recommend.

I read everything from it ruins the leather to that is the way it should be just trying to understand what the group it doing with the lacing this boot.

15. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Looking at old cat
    Looking at old catalogs, I think they look like 8294, which was cocoa wildebeest and tan buck.

16. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

Thanks. I have other shoes on the 97 last and they fit the same. Makes sense now. It's now time to brush 'em, tree 'em, and bag 'em.

17. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

They are 8254. I learned something today. What is kudu?

18. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Kudu is a type of antelope. Wildebeests are a different type of antelope.

19. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Correct, they were not listed on ShoeBank. That is why I gave the heads up when I saw them at Paramus. They were specially made for someone who ended up not wanting/keeping them. The equivalent of the MISFIT TOYS in the shoe world.

20. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

What is the annual 'low water mark' for Strands? I seem to recall them being included in one of the Nordi's sales. Is that every year or part of rotation?

I was hoping to swing by my local BB and grab these at a further discount with a rewards card. Of course, they only stock D widths and you can't use the rewards cards online :cloud:

$256.80 is a good deal but I want the best deal as I'm in no rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.