1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Yep, all gone now.

2. NewHaarlem

NewHaarlem Member

I've been MIA for a while. Which model are those?

3. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@ny3pcg Absolutely would be a no brainer for me - Mctavish all the way. Nothing against the strandmok, but 1) Single danite I find way less supportive than double oak/butyl, plus 2) the strandmok if I recall is unlined like the neumok. Both are good options but to me they're more spring/summer while the mctavish is more year round.

4. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

PSA - Nordstrom has an extra 20% off anything already on sale - this includes the Madison park & strandmok 2.

5. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

1 person likes this.
  6. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Disappointed that I didn't get the amex offer, but I did get an offer for Cole Hann. I wouldn't usually even consider Cole Hann, but their made in Maine line is on sale for $210. Plus the amex discount, you're looking at a great deal for a pair of Rancourt shoes.

1 person likes this.
  7. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

There were a few other DOT/No Color shoes, plus the Club Monaco models (suede Leeds) and the stuff that doesn't show up on a ShoeBank search, (like the Westbrooks in Purple, Moss, and Tan).

8. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I love the Shannon Drive with jeans, but a little too close to tan to wear with khakis for me, hence why I was so excited about a McT in the Strandmok Olive. The SD leather is really rough tan with an olive undertone, as presumably is the new McT - it's very clearly *not* the Strandmok olive, which is what I want.

9. Login

Login Well-Known Member

Question for you guys I have black park avenues and walnut strands, what third shoe should I pick up, preferably in black?

10. eagleman

eagleman Senior member

If it has to be black, I would go with the McAllister

11. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my forum pals. After food shopping yesterday, I am off to the store again to get all the things my wife forgot. Time for casual black Mapleton with contrast stitching for quick moving down the isles.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  12. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Unless you are really set on black (like Neo1 is), you might consider merlot or oxblood. You would have a lot of options in merlot, oxblood or burgundy. AE is selling some burgundy McAllisters on Ebay right now for a great price.

13. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I've had things other than shoes on my mind for the last few weeks, so I didn't look into the Black Friday deals until just now. I love that they're selling MacNeils in tan and black grain leathers, but they're sold out of both in my size(s). Its frustrating -- I've long lamented that the Brooks grain MacNeils weren't available in my size, then AE goes and makes them again and their release happens to coincide with a time I'm not checking in with the forum.

As our president-elect would say, "Sad!"

1 person likes this.
  14. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'd call them and see if you can place an order that way. Sometimes they shut the website down before they fully run out...

2 people like this.
  15. swigginton

swigginton Well-Known Member

Could a 9E on the 5 last wear the 9.5D dalton?

16. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Living the dream down here at Desert Falls Country Club. I'm not the country club type at all, but I can fake it for 18 holes. Happy Thanksgiving to all

[​IMG]

17. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

Happy Thanksgiving!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

Oops

19. swigginton

swigginton Well-Known Member

Not the best start to the Skins game but at least I've got a full belly and nearest to burgundy shoes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I would go for a merlot McAllister. That will round out your collection a bit with a wingtip and a new color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.