1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I think one slows down naturally once sizable and diverse rotation is established. Lately I have only been interested in special make ups that I really like and styles that I would like to replace. I have started paying more attention and spending more on clothes to catch up.

1 person likes this.
  2. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Happy turkey day/weekend everyone. I ended up in Palm Springs and only packed two pairs of shoes, none of which are oxblood *gasp*. But I will get to golf, so my holiday is set :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Too bad the Cabazon outlet no longer exists. I have to admit though that this location was pretty terrible for business.

4. yellafella321

yellafella321 Member

If anyone is eyeing a pair of Chukka's, my Dundee 2.0s are now my favorite AE shoe. I have a slightly wide foot with a high instep, so I normally have to wear a 12E in the 5 last, but as we all know, this is not a particularly sleek last, with a very high toe box, especially when you go to an E.

Enter the 511, which is lower to the foot, for a sleeker look, and a little bit wider than the 5. Although I have a pair of Daltons, they aren't particularly comfortable - and I think the difference comes from the poron insole. AE does in fact account for the poron insole when lasting the shoe, and it shows in the comfort of the shoe. The Poron feels great, and gives me that little bit of extra space I need.

All in all - very, very, very happy with these boots.

1 person likes this.
  5. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@cc808314 That's what you think. I have only begun...[​IMG]

6. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@DNSamurai What an easy question. Leaving fit/lasts off the table, personally first choice would be the san Marco & aberdeen. Mctavish in cignac next. Badlands. Maxfield. Suede Acheson. Endless options.

7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I'd consider the new McTavish or maybe a Macallister if you want something a little more versatile.

8. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior member

Here my first post of AE shoes. This Park Ave where bought in a trip to NYC as a souvenir. I find PA one of the very best oxfords, even comparing with Church's Consul and AE Armfield.

In my next trip to NYC will buy a pair in brown or in black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Ok, confession to make - I got the bag too [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Are you going to pawn it for a Casio?

1 person likes this.
  11. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Any wingtips tin that mix above? If not, McTavish. If you can find one in Cognac on ShoeBank, that would be the best one IMO. Else, see if one of the 2 new ones appeals to you.

If you want to go more casual, suede Dundee. Loden.

12. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

All the talk about the dopp kit, and how many shoes, got me thinking of my own purchases. Shudder!!! Quick off the top of my head, over 10, plus a pair or two worth of trees and care products, and another pairs' worth of belts.

13. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

For jeans? I'll echo the rec for suede Dundees. Your natty Clark Streets (and mine) are great for that. A PTB or loafer in a rough, obviously casual leather, eg the Black Hills, would work. Also, if you could track down the snuff suede Neumoks, that's a good choice. All manner of boots.

But some of the other suggestions are too "nice" for jeans in my estimation. Too incongruent. To each his own, though.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Is that, $700+, what the Viberg x SF GTMO is going for? The Spymaster is interesting, but not when there are Viberg options in the $3-500 range.

15. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I think that there are a lot of good choices. I'm a fan of the Oak Street and the McTavish. The Dundee would be another good choice, as are some of the newer ones like the Alumni.

16. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I would like to get one of the special Black Friday sale shoes. My particular size and width combination is not showing as available online. Can a sales associate order it for me?

17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I believe someone mentioned they were able to get a special size ordered.

19. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I know how you feel. Although I only got one pair of AEs this year, I also splurged on 2 Vass, 4 Aldens, 2 Carminas, and a Bonage. Oh, and a vintage Florsheim! Yikes.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

So what do you all feel goes with more denim( all shades of blue's to olive to brown to wine colored) chocolate suede or tan suede.or brown leather

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.