1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:I don't see an Olive on the website and the closest I do see is that Teak color for the Buckstrand. Have you gotten positive confirmation from Customer Service that they are going to offer Olive for the McTavish? I sure hope so, but I've only ordered the "new" Tan for now.

I've got a running conversation with an Asst. Mgr/SA at the SF store. I'm not sure if it is a color that hasn't dropped yet or an MTO of some kind. As long as it works out, I'm not asking questions... :) I need my McTs, my Alden PTB's or my Shannon Drives to sell to facilitate this...

2. RLeslieS

RLeslieS Senior member

Quote:I don't see an Olive on the website and the closest I do see is that Teak color for the Buckstrand. Have you gotten positive confirmation from Customer Service that they are going to offer Olive for the McTavish? I sure hope so, but I've only ordered the "new" Tan for now.

I've got a running conversation with an Asst. Mgr/SA at the SF store. I'm not sure if it is a color that hasn't dropped yet or an MTO of some kind. As long as it works out, I'm not asking questions... [​IMG]

I need my McTs, my Alden PTB's or my Shannon Drives to sell to facilitate this...

I just called AE customer service about the Olive and got an "I don't know". The people who do phone sales may be the last to be informed of stuff like this. If the Olive is an MTO, I'd like to get onboard. Can you share the name of your contact at the SF store? Did he/she quote a price?

3. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

4. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Dundees

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Those are getting creamier and creamier with each wear!

And to follow-up on your previous post about access leather/pucker on chukkas on flatter feet - those don't seem to suffer from it. The Bleeckers, on the other hand, seemed more susceptible than any other chukka I've owned.

6. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

[​IMG] NATTY Dundee's! [​IMG]

Please show them the respect they deserve.

7. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

The manager assured me Ben would call me today but no call, I finally called him and after memory laps he remembered that supposedly he did a fine inspections again before putting in the box and found a heel problem. He says he then called the warehouse to have someone inspect that shoe and ship it to me if it was good. Sounds hokey pokey to me he seemed that he did not think he should have called me to inform me of the change anyways he is not the typical AE salesperson.

Suspecting Ben was full of it I had a friend call the store the next day to inquire about the same shoes and they were available no issue. I had someone call the next day still available and you can buy them today too.

When I explained to Ben the reason I called him to inspect the shoes as apposed to just buying from the CAC he said he understood. He assured me that he personally called the CAC to have them pulled and checked.

So today the shoes showed up, they are ok some discoloration, sole slightly uneven. Also the paperwork in the box says "internet order" and special instructions "NONE".

I called CAC to inquire about this order and they said it was an electronic order submitted by the store again "electronic". Further they confirmed the order was a simple shipment and there was no special instructions it was simply shipped from the warehouse.

So Ben calling the CAC and giving special instructions is total BS. Further he has one in stock and it is was in stock and still is available today it was not sold or apparently damaged. Again I had a few friends call the store to inquire and I confirmed the shoe was not damaged it was available for sale. Further paperwork in the box says it all internet order no special instructions.

I don't understand why Ben would do this maybe so the shoe remained in stock at his store, so better chance to sell it making commission on both. Again I don't know why or what would cause him to do this.

All I can say is I am very disappointed with the service from Allen Edmond's. Maybe Paul will read this and respond to me as well as, as fast as, and with as much dedication as Justin FitzPatrick did.

Overall the purchase of the Rogue's has lost its good feeling and if Ben made a commission I am returning them. If I decide to buy them again in the future it will be from a different store as well as all future purchases.

In the end it's about customer service in this case AE failed me.

OK rant over.

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Wasn't Columbo always asking folks hoe much they paid for their shoes?

1 person likes this.
  10. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Ah, so maybe that's the reason why he held onto them. I am not sure if they make commission through the phone sales. This whole situation is odd, but if the shoes are okay, I would just keep them and not order form this store again. I can't say anything bad from my experience, as I've never dealt with this store, but you're not the first person to express their annoyance of dealing with this location. There are some really good shoebank outlets with good sales people. PM me if you want suggestions.

11. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

How and when did you get firsts for $100?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  12. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

how and when did you get firsts for $100?

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I wish I'd gotten them for $99 - I was referring to the ShoeBank price that is apparently coming up

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  14. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Thinking about picking up a pair of Badlands on sale. How do they run size wise vs other 65 last shoes? I'm a 10D Brannock but go with 10E on Strands, McAllisters, and 5A,s to avoid my little toes being crushed.

15. snowman

snowman Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    For some reason left is creasing more than the right....

[​IMG]

:slayer:

3 people like this.
  16. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Maybe the way you sit I tend to keep my left foot tucked under the chair so it is bent more (time wise per day).

17. Threeputt

Threeputt Active Member

Bunion on my right foot causes asymmetrical creasing in some of my shoes. Differences in one's feet (size, shape, etc) can give different creases. Gait too...

18. snowman

snowman Member

I do tuck my left foot under the chair but this is only happening with my Bourbon Moras...

Could it be the last? It is only happening with my Bourbon Moras..

19. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

Pardon me if this has been answered previously: what's the shoebank sale on BF?

20. DustinM

DustinM Senior member

Speaking of suede chukkas, here's comparisons of the AE Loden and Alden Hunting Green colors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Being completely honest, my color preference is AE. But the comfort of unlined suede and a single sole is pretty incredible; the Aldens are like wearing a slipper.

I didn't get in on the MD chukkas due to width and color, but may revisit that when they are offered again. For now, I'm keeping the Aldens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.