Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Thanks!

2. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@ace13x Kristen is so good - I've run into her in a number of other locations already but haven't made it to Jersey yet. She said she was transitioning as SM from SC to Jersey. She's probably the best SA I've dealt with. Does it really surprise people they don't have smaller sizes in stock? I always have to order everything so I've gotten used to it.

interesting note on the black Normandy - my brown pair has lots of distressing - I thought this was normal.

3. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@Paniolo Very different fits - Franciscan was a good albeit roomy fit for me, Mora just not quite right. Check out 11E & 11.5D, then 11.5E.

4. bathiel

bathiel Senior member

Interesting. For me, I took the same in the Mora 2.0 and the Franciscan...and that size was a half-size down from what I take in most other AEs. And the fit in both is really nice.

Bernie

5. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

Original black Jeffersons for a big customer review today! I love the softness of the independence leather, but I can't get a mirror shine on the toes. Any suggestions?

These are my go-to black shoes for fun and business formal occasions, my only other black shoe is a Park Avenue, but it doesn't get out much.

[​IMG]

6. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Seriously, what's with the price hikes every single year?...especially when, according to most around here, the quality is becoming mediocre at best...except for some of the independence line shoes, and shell. Poor quality on the AE line of shoes is to be expected, but the mid-range line looks to have as many flaws for almost twice the price in many cases. I know the usual line of thinking is "well, they're still cheaper than other fine shoe makers etc. Except that the cost gap seems to be shrinking while, again according to many of these defect posts, the quality gap seems to be expanding.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016

7. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

[​IMG]

I know black pants are taboo but nothing a little Oxblood can't dress down. Still having shine issues with that right toe. It's had about 6 coats of polish. It looks like it may have gotten a little less burnishing. Any tips to help it catch up?

8. shades9323

shades9323 Senior member

Is there a resource that lists all models (new and old) by last?

9. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Warwick in oxblood. Comfortable enough to sleep in. I wouldn't...but maybe?
    [​IMG]

10. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

According to something I just read, the last digit of the model number is the last. That works out for Strand, McAllister, etc. Check it out with some model numbers that are listed on the All about Lasts page, and see if it holds true.

11. shades9323

shades9323 Senior member

It does, but that only lists current models.

12. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

A[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brooks Bros Park Ave's Day 1: comfy out the gate, Poron sole takes up some volume in the shoe. Paid 160 from the bank. I'm pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Here:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?64989-Allen-Edmonds-Styles-vs-Lasts

Original list at the top. Scroll down for a longer/updated list.

Edit: Please note, AE sometimes reuses names. So some older shoes look to be on different lasts because they are in fact a different shoe.

14. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Said it before but worth mentioning again... I love the "history" lessons with some of your lesser known (at least to this newbie) or older models. Thanks, Chris!

15. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Thanks fellas! Speaking of chukkas... Gobi and chinos today. These are completely opposite of the Amoks in almost every way - crazy volume, wider waist and heel, way less sleek, much more comfortable standing, though the Amoks are more comfortable to walk in (likely because of the snug fit).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.