1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

I tried the suede sneakers on yesterday at the Michigan Avenue store. They're only in full sizes and Ds, and I wear an 8.5EEE, so I tried on a 9D. The toe boxes weren't bad in terms of width, but the arch support was in the middle of the bottom of my foot. They also looked a bit like shapeless loaves of bread.

They didn't have the smooth leather sneakers in yet, but I don't hold out much hope for those based on the way the suede sneakers fit.

2. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

And, they're back.

3. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Do you ever go to the LaSalle St. store? I always go there, but haven't been over to Mich. Ave. Is there much difference?

4. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

My current line up:
    Walnut Mcallister
    Brown Park Avenue
    Brown Burnished University

What next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

My understanding is that Neatsfoot oil will condition and darken them. It is the recommended care product for chromexcel by Nick Horween.

6. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Moor oxblood...

7. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Are you charged restocking fee of you purchase over the phone from one outlet location and have the shoes shipped to you, but you return them yourself to a different outlet location?

Thanks

8. gatszu

gatszu Senior member

No restocking fee if returned to outlet in person

9. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Saddle leather Mapletons for a cool Saturday running errands.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Will do!....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  11. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

The spring sale (on firsts) should start sometime in mid-late April, right? Or is it the 04/08 date I'm seeing here and there online.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  12. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

After a few light coats of VSC, my walnut Strands are now prepped and ready for the 2016 spring/summer engagement party and wedding circuit. While I do regularly employ the Mac Method of damp wiping and brushing Shell Cordovan, I can't remember the last time I used actual product on these shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are now two years old and I love the color character they have developed.

I hope everyone's weekend is going well, as always!

12 people like this.
  13. TxLiving

TxLiving Member

Agree. Adds a ton of diversity to his line up. I'd either go Strands again or Carlyle if you want something different than what you have.

14. nbj08

nbj08 Senior member

Absolutely beautiful. I'm envious!

15. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Dayum!! Those are gorgeous. I'm kind of turned on right now.

16. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks guys. They are my favorite AEs without a doubt.

17. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    I recently bought a pair of Rutledges on the 333 last and I now hear it is being discontinued. Newer modules, like the Yorktown and Cornwallis, and built on the 1943 last, which is never described on the AE website with the other lasts. I brought this description omission to the powers that be and asked why the 333 was being discontinued. Mr. Grangaard responded thusly:

"For me anyway, the 333 had a pinch in the little toe, a long extension beyond the toes that could cause the shoe to curl a bit and to break across the captoe itself (and I could catch the long toe and trip) and it was flatter through the instep. So, essentially, it had the three problems that we fixed in the 1943. ... The 1943 should fit a 333-fitting foot as well as a broader range of feet types. That's why we re-did it. Please try it on in a Cornwallis sometime and, if you don't like it, send them back."

Well I don't need to be told something twice, so a pair of Cornwallis in walnut are on the way. I shall report on the fit and a comparison with the Rutledge on the 333 if appears there is any interest

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. 22busy

22busy Senior member

Some of what he says makes sense about the 333, but I'm not buying it about the Cornwalis. I tried it on last year and had the same gap that I get in my Strand. The Cornwalis is a beautiful shoe. It might be worth it to dial in right size. Let us know how this works out.

19. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

I see the dark chili strand on shoe bank and I remember reading it was sold at Nordstrom but I don't see it on their site or Allen Edmonds, is it discontinued or sold somewhere else?

20. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Some more info would be very helpful, such as what is your primary wearing concern: formal, business, casual etc. Are you opposed to boots? What about suede?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.