1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Not as creepy as the caffeine shots. Nice shoes :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  2. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

Mebane's an hour away.

3. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Normally don't work Mondays, but when I do, I'm in Graysons
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Fullerton's today... Thought about swapping in some orange laces, but thought that was a little too expected. Plus I just love the pairing of the lighter laces and these socks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I ran a half marathon yesterday morning, so today is "My-feet-are-friggin'-killing-me" Monday:

[​IMG]

I actually almost wore my Fratbalances (NB 993's) today, but the Veronas feel close enough to slippers. Also, my feet are festive.

3 people like this.
  6. baselinemerc

baselinemerc Member

Finally posting a merlot Monday shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. baselinemerc

baselinemerc Member

Oops here it is [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.
  8. JRas

JRas Member

Agreed.

[​IMG]

9. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Nice. Those Veronas look awesome.

10. bpanicola

bpanicola Senior member

Hello all,

I don't post much though have gained a lot of knowledge and help from the AE threads. Thanks to the contributors!

I probably should do an intro thread but started typing this question so will follow up later with an intro. I am typing this on my phone so hopefully the thoughts make sense.

Has anybody bought or kept their black Higgins Mills boots? I have a pair in brown and bought a second as I love them so much. I didn't buy the natural as I have walnut Daltons. I bought the black to have as a black option especially in bad weather as I don't love my black Long Branch boots and was going to replace them with the HM. I am wondering if I should exchange them for the natural as the natty cxl leather looks so good. I usually only wear black shoes I more formal occasions But always have a pair of black boots in the closet. (I really don't like the Long Branch's in black. They feel too bulky especially since I bought them to be snow boots and wide enough (EEE) to wear thick socks with them. My other boots are E width.)

What are the thoughts on the black and how will they age giving that I will brush them after every wear and probably use the saphir waxy leather cream as needed.

What will the black pair well with being that the only black pants I own are a pair of bonobos black travel jeans or a pair of black denim. I usually wear my black shoes with a navy or charcoal suit or slacks.

Thanks in advance.

11. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Personally, I would go natty over black- I have zero use for black boots, as I don't wear black clothes (my brown HM's will be worn with blue and tan denim). Several here have black HM's, but it's just not something I would have any use for.

12. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

[​IMG]

A little Midnight Monday action.

3 people like this.
  13. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Nothing looks more bad ass than black boots with denim....real pants not those skinny calf sucking fembot wannabee jeans cuffed up to the ankle....just good ole ass kicken American jeans and a black boots!

2 people like this.
  14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Agreed.

15. bkdc

bkdc Senior member

[​IMG].
    The only pair I ever bought on eBay (90 bucks). Took months to break in before my little toe stopped hurting from pressure. 511 last not my cup of tea. Shell Bradley.

16. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior member

No posts yet about Midnight Navy?

It seems like something I might like to add some variety. Just when I thought I had everything I really wanted and definitely needed.

Anyone buying early? Has this been around before? How blue are they?

17. Rubik1014

Rubik1014 Senior member

OK...just went to AE.com. It is the same blue as my Strandmoks? I assume the calf shoes look dramatically different?

18. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

Check my above post on Midnight Monday. This is different than the Strandmoks. They are very dark to the point they look black at times. Direct sunlight is really where you see the blue come out.

19. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I love love love my black Higgins boots. And I wear them with my ultra skinny fembot jeans all the time too - god I missed kahuna, great to see him back.

1 person likes this.
  20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Good to be back! Missed you gents as well. Amazing the rapid pace this thread moves now. I tried to catch up as much I could with back posts over the last few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.