• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only one size of first quality bourbon Strands at Nordstrom. Only size 10.5 D and for $198. Anybody that's size 10.5 D and doesn't have the Strand in bourbon should consider getting it. I know I would if they had my size...

19.4 miles from Old Orchard? Hey, "neighbor!"

I'm about 3 miles from Old Orchard. Not a huge selection of AEs there. I'd rather drive 30 minutes to the Oak Brook store. The Chicago ones are closer, but getting there is a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newberry

Reaction score

I'm about 3 miles from Old Orchard. Not a huge selection of AEs there. I'd rather drive 30 minutes to the Oak Brook store. The Chicago ones are closer, but getting there is a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. 25min drive to Old Orchard and 40min drive to Oakbrook but Oakbrook is way better

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here. 25min drive to Old Orchard and 40min drive to Oakbrook but Oakbrook is way better

I drive past Oakbrook to and from work every day. It's both good (convenience) and bad (temptation).

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So... running out of time to return this pair purchased from the AE eBay store. I feel like I've walked 100 miles in these shoes in my house. Started out cramping the toes on my mutant right foot. Now almost thinking they are submitting to my will. Any comments about the fit based on this picture? Thanks.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who are interested in the evolving design of Allen-Edmonds shoes, my old Lombards have brogueing on the tongues, a feature which I don't think any current A-E shoes have.

(This pair also has two of my favorite things, Poiron insoles and all rubber soles and heels.)

Nice! You should also mention was that the Lombard is an excellent representation of a shortwing. Something that AE rarely produces.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So... running out of time to return this pair purchased from the AE eBay store. I feel like I've walked 100 miles in these shoes in my house. Started out cramping the toes on my mutant right foot. Now almost thinking they are submitting to my will. Any comments about the fit based on this picture? Thanks.

Those look about like My Leeds do. My Leeds fit snug, but are not painful in any way. It's really hard to know without trying them on myself. If they are giving you toe pain or pain at your instep, I would return them.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those look about like My Leeds do.  My Leeds fit snug, but are not painful in any way. It's really hard to know without trying them on myself.   If they are giving you toe pain or pain at your instep, I would return them.  

What I like especially about these and my black McGregors is that they really seem to hug my feet all over the place and I don't feel the need to crank the laces down to keep my heel secured. I must have a narrow heel. It kind of seems that way when I examine the indentation left in the cork. I feel like I might just keep them as obtaining another pair of McGregor firsts is not likely. A couple days left to make the call.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In honor of all the alcohol I ingested this weekend, bourbon McAllisters (with combo tap sole for rain):

My feet are somewhat swollen, so ignore the massive V gap

Last edited:

kopo

Reaction score
Great color on toe box and heel. What kind of polish did you use?

Newberry

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm thinking of putting the combination tap sole or dainite sole on my soon to arrive merlot McAllisters. How much would the cost be? The AE website doesn't show a price for just adding a new sole. Thanks!

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm thinking of putting the combination tap sole or dainite sole on my soon to arrive merlot McAllisters. How much would the cost be? The AE website doesn't show a price for just adding a new sole. Thanks!

Well neither is particularly cost effective for new shoes. Suggest you wear out the leather bottoms first. You can have a cobbler slap a toppy on the sole to basically do what the combo tap sole does. Changing the sole entirely is basically the cost of a recraft at $125. You can call and maybe they will do it for a little less. I'd get a toppy put on them and wear them out.

Last edited:

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Madison Park Monday for today's "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." Have a good week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads