1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Ive come to the conclusion that Loden is my absolute favorite suede color, barr none...I do wonder why A E doesnt offer more maroon/red/burgundy suede shoes though

2. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Mainly size/fit, but also would like to venture out to other brands.

3. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I totally agree. Loden Dundee was my first AE. I have other models in Snuff, Brogue, and Chocolate, but I still think Loden is the best suede color for the Dundee.

As for other colors they had a red/green Shelton for Christmas a while back which was pretty cool. Theres a pair on eBay misspelled SheLLton.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Oh interesting...and youre saying that shelton was offered in a red/green suede colorway?...if so, I might try to find some pics of it...I'd like to see how that turned out.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  5. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

6. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@ace13x Don't you mean the Finch (or "Holiday"?)

1 person likes this.
  7. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Guys, this one is easy for me. Sweet, sweet Strandmok Saturday
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Nature has already answered that question. Cows and horses don't have leather soles.

2 people like this.
  9. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

Ok so now that I have my GBM's any rules on the dates it's appropriate wear them?

I was thinking start on Tuesday Nov 1 till maybe sometime in Jan?

What about changing out the laces to say tan can they be worn other times opinions?

[​IMG]

10. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Most of your stuff looks 5-last, which runs 1/2-size down, and my understanding is these run TTS like the 7-last but roomier in the toe. Fit is supposed to be a bit narrow, too (which I guess the 7-last does also).

My uneducated guess is you'd be an 11D, based on what I've read. I wear a D in some 5-last and an E in others, so I'm a little on the fence for size.

I'm pretty bummed, but I have another pair I'm trying to put funds together for, and along with the size uncertainty, I'm going to have to pass on this one...

11. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Picture here: post #62583 in suede. Looks like they also made a leather version of it at some point post #35369 (you have to unspoiler).

12. catalla

catalla Member

Ok shoe gurus I have a question about shoe fit. I have a pair of strands and park ave in size 7.5D. There is some slight heel slip with this size. If I wear 7D they are too snug. 7E is just too wide. Is a small amount of heel slip considered acceptable? Is this something that will resolve as the shoe breaks in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

I start wearing mine closer to Thanksgiving. I have mine boxed right now- realistically I'll wear my 1776's on Election Day, then put those away and pull out the JBM's

14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Yes, I couldn't think of the name, and was stuck on Shelton from the eBay listing.

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Oh and have some color ways while your at it:

[​IMG]

16. orange fury

These are the lasts I currently have (all 10.5D):

65- 1776, Strand, McAllister, JBM, McTavish
    97- Boardroom, Grayson (don't own, but tried on)
    108- Mora 2.0, Nathan, McClain
    1943- Cornwallis
    114- Cavanaugh
    201- Warwick
    1757- Higgins Mill
    2042- Acheson (don't own, but tried on)

The 7 last is comfortable for me TTS, I guess I'm just not sure how an unlined suede chukka will fit compared to a lined balmoral. The concern is because my suede Cavanaugh fits a bit looser than my calf Cavanaugh in the same size.

17. orange fury

Oh, and in regards to the question about how many pairs, I have 17- not a huge amount, but not bad considering my collection was built over the course of a year and a half (I got my Boardrooms June 2015). I'll break 20 next year- I have the MD chukka on my radar, as well as the black Grayson, navy suede Acheson, chili Daltons, brown grain McGregors, and (if they come out again) the NCAA Strandmok make up (orange and white) and anything they put out in football leather.

18. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

What color clothes do you gents tend to favor wearing with the Loden?

19. orange fury

I wasn't asked, but I would think earth tones would be ideal- greens, browns, tans, rust/orange, etc. with it being suede, I would also err towards more "country" clothing- tweeds, corduroy, etc

20. orange fury

Sorry I keep asking questions about the MD chukka, but last one- I'm torn between snuff and chocolate. I already have the brogue suede Strands (which is similar to chocolate) and don't have anything in snuff suede, but I kind of like the idea that there's only 100 pairs being made of the chocolate. I like both though, any thoughts as to which would be more versatile? The only one I'm not a fan of is the Sand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.