1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I really wish there was an AE store in Raleigh. I just can't take the chance on sizing. I have something else suede that is demanding my depleted funds, too... :(

2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

They should fit the same, but will have more give and less tension against areas that may usually be snug for your foot in a lined shoe.
    Awesome, those make perfect Halloween boots, IMO. My grey distressed McTavish are also compliment magnets.
    They should be cool, but may have some creasing and signs of try on if they have been returned. I got a pair of inmaculate black Jeffersons for 201$ on Amazon once...

3. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

[​IMG]

Committing major pet peeve to stop on the moving walkway to snap a pic. Just landed at CVG.

3 people like this.
  4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Congrats...great looking! Love the color. What size are you measured? With a Chukka getting the size right is always key due to the lesser lacing holes.

5. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Looking good. Glad a 2E was available I have that problem on the 65 for some of them. Now just hide those HDMI and power cables to your TV behind the wall [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Striped cardigan Friday. I'm awful with alliteration unless it slaps me in the face. But these oxblood McGregors are phenomenal
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

If I can convince myself the risk is worth it, I think I'll go for it. The ball of my foot lines up well in a 9 on the 65, but I have about 2 thumb widths of distance to the end of the shoe. I know not all of that is actually usable space, but shorter wouldn't hurt for me.

This is my challenge, except in Canada. We just had a couple of Nordstroms open nearby, but they are only stocking a couple of AE models. They'll bring pretty much anything in that the US stores offer, but they aren't going to be here in time to test out before the MD drop ends.

8. Mat Waites

Mat Waites Senior member

New (to me) Tan Jodox - fresh from Dabondo...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

There is one man, mortal or not, who I think would be up for the challenge @SLCRich

2 people like this.
  10. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Yes, these are pretty much perfection to me and price is right too...but do I really need another suede chukka?

11. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

If you rock one oxblood Warwick on one foot and an oxblood Cornwallis on the other? Worlds would collide. I accept the challenge

1 person likes this.
  12. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

If the trunk show happens and ruby red is offered and AE comes out with a monkstrap boot offering :p

1 person likes this.
  13. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

They fit well and I still have more V gap then I would like but seems that is going to be normal for my foot.

When I was at the AE store yesterday buying my GBM's I tried on a several pairs of shoes including the 2.0's and my size 10D fits well but large V gap, if I go to an E then shoe is clearly loose, if I go for a 10.5 same issue shoe is too loose. All 3 of the sales associates said that it's ok to have gap even a large one as long as the shoe fits. I sort of disagree since I believe the shoe by design is meant to be reasonably close. So seems that if I want to have this style shoe in my collection I will have more gap than others the only other option is to just not purchase this style shoe.

Still waiting on FedEx to deliver my GBM's I will post a pic and those are oxfords same as the Shelton so let's see how much gap thay have in comparison.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  14. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

FYI I just noticed that the Shoe Bank has several JBM's in a variety of sizes for $147.

If I had not just bought my pair of firsts with the RDA discount I would have grabbed one of these from the bank.

15. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@007Bond Interesting. I'm in a similar situation as you. My Shelton 1.0 had a vgap roughly like yours, and it hasn't gotten better with wear. With the neumok, it started off sort of large but now is very little. But anything I try on the 201, the gap closes 100% from the start.

16. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Wondering if anyone can comment on the fit of the Liverpool in comparison to the Dalton or Dundee or maybe the Cornwallis if the 943B is indeed similar to the 1943.

17. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fullerton Friday in an outfit that's arguably more appropriate for Spring than Autumn.

3 people like this.
  18. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Bourbon Mora 2 maiden voyage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I bought these from the Shoe Bank earlier this year but wasn't happy with the fit, so I put them away to sell on a rainy day. I just got them out again to look at last week and decided to give them another try. They're not nearly as tight as I remember, though the jury's still out.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    3 people like this.
  19. Weathered

Weathered Active Member

Being a new Dundee parent, I think you might be right on thinking that a 9D would be good. I brannock at 9.5 D/borderline E, wear 9E on 5 last balmorals. My Dundees are 9D, and length-wise are definitely a touch shorter than a similar 5-last shoe, but not overly so. Right now, my Dundees are a bit tight around the toes, but I'm expecting that they'll break in with more wear, as I've only been able to wear them 3 times due to having injured a toe being a moron. Going to an unlined suede would probably make them perfect out of the gate.

20. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.