• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin782

Reaction score

Just got them in. A little snug on my left pinky toe, but overall they feel pretty good. The widest point lines up with the ball of my foot. Question the stitch goes into the stud of Dainite. Would this be a structural problem?

Dayom...cant help you with your question...but Im liking that nat so far...stellar looking boot

DustinM

Reaction score

I just pulled the trigger on the HM... $215 for a geniune Dainite sole and Horween CXL is good value... i'd probably wait on the Academy, that sole is a bit odd and it will probably be easier to pick up discounted in the future. I'd wait for some feedback on the sole. Something tells me the HM is gonna become a staple and be harder to get than the Academy.

Decided to order HM in black and natural from Palo Alto and Academy in natural. Pulling a Tex and will send back what I don't want to keep.

It's been a rough day for my Visa card lol

I've heard a lot of talk about the Academy, and nothing about the Oak Street.
They added some great new leathers (kudu) and colors (navy CXL) for the Oak Street. I have a pair in brown (the old brown) and love those shoes. I'm SO TEMPTED by the navy.
Is anyone else with me on this?

I really like cap toe on the Oak Street (perhaps more than academy) but no need for dainite sole in a non-boot.

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to order HM in black and natural from Palo Alto and Academy in natural. Pulling a Tex and will send back what I don't want to keep.

It's been a rough day for my Visa card lol
I really like cap toe on the Oak Street (perhaps more than academy) but no need for dainite sole in a non-boot.

You will love them. The problem is you get them and want to keep them all! :)

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hilfire:

Hilfire and brown pebble MacNeil 2.0:

Hilfire and walnut McAllister:

Hilfire and Oak street natty cxl:

And finally, hilfire and oxblood Dalton (because oxblood is effing sexy):

Love them all, especially the Oxblood!!!

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They added some great new leathers (kudu) and colors (navy CXL) for the Oak Street. I have a pair in brown (the old brown) and love those shoes. I'm SO TEMPTED by the navy.

I'm regretting that I didn't buy the Navy Dundee in suede. :( Maybe I'll get the Strand Navy suede when it goes on sale later or that Leiden Navy leather/suede

Last edited:

FaRKle

Reaction score
Question the stitch goes into the stud of Dainite. Would this be a structural problem?

Not an issue. Enjoy them!

I'm with ya. That navy is mighty tempting. I love my Lexingtons, and I'm sure I'd love Navy Oak Street's too.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not an issue. Enjoy them!

I'm with ya. That navy is mighty tempting. I love my Lexingtons, and I'm sure I'd love Navy Oak Street's too.

I love Navy everything! It's the color of choice for me BUT I don't need any more causal shoes. I have too many casual shoes I can't wear as it is. :( I need to add a casual Friday! LOL

Newberry

Reaction score
I was going to purchase the Neumok 2.0 if on sale during the RDA Sale, but I don't think I need to now that I ordered the merlot McAllisters. I know the McAllister is a dress shoe and the Neumok a casual shoe, but how dressed down would you guys wear a pair of merlot McAllisters? Just curious...

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to purchase the Neumok 2.0 if on sale during the RDA Sale, but I don't think I need to now that I ordered the merlot McAllisters. I know the McAllister is a dress shoe and the Neumok a casual shoe, but how dressed down would you guys wear a pair of merlot McAllisters? Just curious...

Where did you get the Merlot Mcalisters? I have merlot PA and merlot Strand. Love them.

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HM has some dents. Does anyone else have this issue or is this UPS playing football with the boxes?

Incainwetrust

Reaction score

HM has some dents. Does anyone else have this issue or is this UPS playing football with the boxes?
I have a small dent as well. i don't think it's UPS. Honestly boots aren't always perfect, if it's not a structural problem I make them my boots, start of the boot's character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics