• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

colco

Reaction score
I gotta say, the last that the Cornwallis is on, the 1943, is so much nicer looking than the 5 last, at least for a more formalish look. Putting my suit on tonight and trying on the Cornwallis and my Fairfax. No contest, the Cornwallis looks much better from a shape/silhouette standpoint. (Ignore the different lacing). These are both 9EEE, and even at this width the 1943 last manages to still look sleek to me (vs the blob that is the 65 last).

Everyone should own a Cornwallis is either brown or walnut.

Quote:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the Flatiron. I have to use an insole with them due to the volume. A chukka version of the Flatiron would be nice, don't you think?
I give you: the Chukiron.
Great minds think alike. Here's an Enzo Bonafe MTO chukka I had made in museum calf:

Dd1101

Reaction score
In Atl for business, my trusty travelers for a casual weekend. Shell color 8 MacNeils

Last edited:

Oinkedmoo

Reaction score
I got some Renomat today and decided to refinish my walnut Sanfords. I have only added polish to these for the past two years, this is their first deep clean.

Before:

After Renomat application:

After Renovator and some brushing:

I really like how the walnut is aging, and I've had my eye on a pair of walnut Cornwallis...

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took my son to an indoor playground near White Plains, NY today. Decided to stop by the new store in Paramus, NJ. Walked away with a pair of cognac McT (exchange), bourbon McGregor (I just couldn't resist and they fit pretty well) and a merlot belt (15% off). Nice store, albeit a very different shopping experience compared to regular stores, and no sales tax, for a change :) However, I would think twice before going to that mall again on a Saturday. That place was a war zone.

Oinkedmoo

Reaction score

That looks pretty harsh on the toes there. I'm surprised they polish up so nicely after that.

I was surprised at how bad I am to my toes. I want to strip some of my other shoes to see if they're just as beat.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LlMatt Looks like the original Verona - nice. I liked the Lucca so much I got 2 pairs (I never do that) and later a Taormina. The Taormina, like the Verona, have a sturdy but thin sole. In addition to the polish, id consider taking them to a cobbler to add something that might protect it a little more from wear and tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads