1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

I have taps on my park Aves, actually. Where do you buy yours? Been meaning to buy more, but I'm always unsure of the sizing.

2. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

This is getting frustrating!

I received my 3rd replacement pair of Higgins Mill boots today.

The first had a chunk missing out of the suede on the tongue of one boot.

The second had uneven heels; the left boot "rocked" and the right one sat perfectly flat and solid.

Customer services was responsive and friendly. I explained that I'm in Canada so it would be great if they could examine the replacements before sending this 3rd pair. I was told they would be seen by a secondary inspector and the service agent personally, before sending them out.

They arrived today...

[​IMG]

Is it too much to ask for even heels on both boots?? I have 3 other pairs of AE shoes (with a 4th on the way) and they all sit flat, or at least the same between the left and right.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  3. gm928

gm928 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Not so much, since I've been more in a casual kick lately, but I up voted this post a few days ago. The walnut FA really stood out to me.

5. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

The reason I sent the previous pair back was because I can feel it. When I'm standing in them my right foot is rock solid, but the left rocks back and forth and it feels wobbly. It feels like one heel is in contact with the ground and the other is not and there's a fulcrum at the front edge of the heel stack.

The once sent me a replacement McAllister with a torn eyelet. Both times, I have sent a note/letter explaining my issue and requesting that someone give the replacement a visual inspection before shipping them out. Now I'm thinking those notes are never read.

But, this time I had a 15 minute conversation with the service rep just last week, specifically to talk about this issue. She assured me it was a rarity and definitely not acceptable....

6. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

I hope you are not paying Canada post $25 to ship them back to AE?

I too went through 2 pairs before my 3rd fit the bill, and I too am in Canada. The first pair was actually perfect, but .5 size too big. I exchanged them for the correct size (shipping on my dime) but the replacement pair had massive dents in the toe area. I exchanged those for a 3rd pair which is decent enough, but which unfortunately has very minor loose grain creasing on the right boot, while the previous 2 did not. Not enough to bother me on a rugged workboot.

AE covered shipping on the 2nd pair and shipped them back to me for free every single time. Fedex probably made more money on the purchase than AE did.

7. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

They have been covering shipping, thankfully. I've just had to complete some paperwork for customs.

How did you manage to get Canada Post to ship for $25?! I'd think a box this big would cost a lot more.

There is some loose grain on one of these and dents on both. But I could live with that if they stood flat.

8. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Anyone have any Leidens? I am having the worst time getting fit in them. I got in a 12D today and it's tight in the toe box. I'm stumped! I'm always a 12D or 11.5D.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  9. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I take them to my local cobbler for that. I wouldn't want to mess around with the nails.

10. TexasTexter

That stinks. I would suggest you asking them to be "second inspected" prior to shipping.

11. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

That's why I'm a bit annoyed. These were supposed to be second inspected and then "third inspected" personally by the rep before shipping.

12. TexasTexter

I don't blame you, I'd be very irritated.

13. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

NO.

14. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

I've been ordering and returning 2-3 different sizes of a shoe that I plan on buying seconds because I'm tired of paying the restocking fees.

When I order firsts I usually ordering 2 of the same size shoe and just keeping the one that fits better/is in better condition. Unfortunately they don't carry anything near my size in brick and mortar locations so I follow your same logic about being a loyal customer :)

15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

[​IMG]
    My new Neumoks are treating me well this morning, even with a broken left pinky toe...

1 person likes this.
  16. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Did you try an 12 or 11.5 E? I've yet to try a shoe on the 1943.

17. colco

colco Senior member

[​IMG]

Fifth Avenues on Fifth Avenue

10 people like this.
  18. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Boots and sweater weather? I'm in heaven.
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  19. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Ok with a majority of my shoes being on the 65 last I'll try to help you out with how mine are sized. My ideal size for the 65 is 8.5EE though this size is often not available so I end up with 9E which is a little bit longer than optimal but its not a bad fit. For the Leidens (I have the weave ones) I tried on 8.5E 9D and 9E. For me 9E was the best fit. Hope this helps!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  20. bkdc

bkdc Senior member

Does the side of your pinky toe/foot hurt? That shoe looks likely stretched out and it looks like the pressure may have been bothersome for a few weeks. This is my dilemma with the 65 last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.