1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Therein lies your issue. They sent me this with a "we haven't seen you in awhile, come spend money please" note. So if you DON'T buy, you might get a discount card haha

2. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

My FIRST thought was EG. Of course there's a 0.0000000001% chance they'll be included in this. Second was a LHS #8 from Alden. Great minds :)

3. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Happy Saturday forum pals. Filling the car with gas and running errands in my recrafted mini-lug soled Bentons.

[​IMG]

4. Dd1101

Dd1101 Senior member

My RDA order.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

I almost bought the Football leather Odenwald last year and before I knew it it vanished. [​IMG]

6. CMT1

CMT1 Senior member

Had a great AE-related day on Wednesday and finally have time to post about it.

Paul Grangaard was visiting the newly-opened Palo Alto store so I headed up after work. Since it was Walnut Wednesday, I wore my Strands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Strands are approaching three years of wear and have a great patina and character. While the color looks uniform in the shade, each panel seems to be evolving its own hue in the sun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried on a Cornwallis to get my size down for the 1943 Last. My foot has a somewhat wide ball and very high instep and the Cornwallis felt great - I am very interested in the Washington Square austerity brogue on the 1943 Last but they did not have any at the store. The SA ordered in a pair to inspect when I return from next week's travel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The hour I spent at the store shopping and talking to Paul was awesome. He initially approached me to mention that he wore the same walnut Strand to his daughter's wedding this past summer, and we had a few conversations about shoe styles and materials including the "shortage" of Horween Shell Cordovan and its potential for loosening up as global demand scales back a bit. He alluded to a February 2017 event that's in the works that smelled like another trunk show, but it was clear that the details were not yet fit for public consumption.

It was a great experience overall and one more reason why I love this company.

On another note, I am in a black tie wedding next Saturday in Newport, R.I., in one of the mansions. Friday's rehearsal dinner and afterparty is cocktail attire in Marble House so I'm polishing up my pair of Cambridge for the event.

[​IMG]

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

9 people like this.
  7. tkebh979

tkebh979 Senior member

Here, I've even found the link for you... [​IMG]

That or you could simply order direct from the manufacturer at a similar, 40% off price.

1 person likes this.
  8. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

So after a quick trip to BB, (no cashmere on stock yet sadly) this coupon is pretty amazing. Stock shoes only, so their AE for $428 all qualify. The cordovan excluded (they did have tassel cordovan loafers staring me in the face.) It's good through the 24th so I'm hoping they get some cashmere in for me to try. Otherwise, I'll be the proud owner of this
    [​IMG]

9. ny3pcg

ny3pcg Well-Known Member

The Mcallisters in dark chili I was sent had a slight tear/cut near the toebox so I ordered a replacement pair at my local store. The SA had recommmended using the regular chili polish on the dark chili if I wanted to lighten them up a bit. He also mentioned that I can try leaving them in direct sunlight for a few hours and that could lighten them. Would any of you recommend that or should I just wear them and expect them to lighten up a bit over time naturally? Thanks for the input

10. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Self serving PSA. If you happen to want some vintage to add to the collection, I have two pairs of Florsheim Imperials in 10.5 C that need a new home. One is a longwing blucher, brown, style 93602 and the other is a plain toe blucher in #8 shell cordovan. PM me if you have an interest and can wear a 10.5 C width.

11. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Leaving them in the Sun will lighten them quicker than just wearing them. Just leaving them out in a room rather than in a closet will also lighten them, but not as quickly.

1 person likes this.
  12. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Thanks. This is good for me to know as well. I have 8 pair that I leave out in the open by my closet, and the rest are in bags or boxes. Perhaps I'll keep them in bags if I want them to stay dark. My natural-colored Clark Streets are very dark, so I think I will leave those out in the open.

No one answered my question on the previous page, I'll ask it again. Is a sockliner the removable insole in shoes, or is it the soft part on the heel that's included in some shoes? Sorry if this is an obvious question to most, but I'm still a rookie somewhat.

15. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Thanks for the input! I have a horrible time getting fit in any loafer!

16. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

17. masterguns

masterguns Member

These are awesome. Just my style. If only my dogs weren't so big.

18. WadeGarrett

WadeGarrett Member

Guys,

I really like my shoe wardrobe, but it is entirely black and medium-to-dark brown. I am looking to add a shoe in a different color, to wear with wool slacks and chinos -- no suits or jeans. Would you suggest the walnut Strand, the dark chili Fifth Avenue, or a Dark Chili brogue?

If you suggest the walnut Strand, would you recommend the mainline $335 Strand, the $257 Brooks Brothers Strand (40% off coupon referenced above), the $229 factory second, or a Bartlett?

19. amphillips79

amphillips79 Senior member

I pulled the trigger today on the RDA sale. Ordered a pair of dark chili fifth aves and walnut Cornwallis. Now I just have to attempt to be patient and wait until they arrive.

2 people like this.
  20. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Long Tall Longwing Weekend.

Trying to wear these as much as I can before the weather turns to Certified Crap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What size are you? I have a 13B pair I think I'm ready to part with.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.