1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Thanks and yea I have clothes to wear with them. Since it's fall, I was thinking something like ocbd and merino wool sweater paired with dark slim fit jeans or slim fit chinos.

2. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

I have used them several times before. They're legit.

3. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

So did I. I guess they just don't care about the Loake export ban, lol.

Hopefully they'll continue shipping Loakes to North America

4. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

As mentioned previously by @Lobster33 I believe Robinson's Shoes gets around the export restrictions because they are based in Ireland.

5. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

North Ireland, though, which is considered the "UK".

Anyways, however they get around it or if they simply don't care, im a happy camper. Loake 1880 can be had for $180 US for firsts which is unreal value!

1 person likes this.
  6. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I'm stumped too. Maybe because they are not part of England? Oh well, $180 is a steal. I paid $184 for a pair of 2nds, so you guys did better than me.

7. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Tan McTavish for Friday afternoon:

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Hell yes. Boy, I wish I had gotten in to the AE game in time to pick up a pair. Only one left in what's supposed to be my size is the Khaki Grain version. I tried them on while at the Port Washington outlet and they felt a little big.

Also, nice cords! Digging the crease. Temps are dropping here, so I'm looking forward to working them into the pants rotation. I've got three new pairs that haven't even made it out of the house yet. One in nearly that same color.

9. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Thanks. It's too bad that they don't have your size -- seconds on the tan McTs are all the way down to $97, which is insane. I think I picked these up last year as seconds for $137. This is the first time out for the blue cords -- got them from the BB sale at the end of the winter season last year and held them in reserve over the spring/summer, just waiting for a day like today.

10. masterguns

masterguns Member

There is some great inspiration in this thread.

For my first post, I thought I'd put up my newest pair.

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  11. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

I didn't know natural shell was part of this too. Well that changes things...

Natural: Strand, 1st ave, Leeds, Jefferson 2.0

12. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Natural shell is in play? Wow... I wish I was up for it... :(

13. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

FWIW, they read a lot more brown than green - much more subtle in some ways than the olive Strandmok, and super-comfortable. I really like the single butyl sole. Not a great match for khakis to my eye, but freakin' awesome with jeans. I didn't win the lottery on even coloration, but I don't care about it any more - they're really good shoes.

1 person likes this.
  14. cincytri

cincytri Member

The addition of natural shell to this trunk show has me nearly turgid with anticipation. However, I was all set to pick up one or two shell dundee seconds and I guess those are not going to be around anymore. Tough call since these are both apparently "rare" items and I am a complete sucker for that kind thing. Guess I'll split the difference and grab one of each- a shell dundee and natural shell something or other. Thats the obvious answer around here, correct? A natural shell macneil, Jefferson or First Ave. sound perfect.

1 person likes this.
  15. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

We match! Shoes at least, way too hot here for cords still

16. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Can custom sizes still be ordered from AE. For example, order 8.5C in a pair that is usually not made in that size.

17. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I believe that it depends on the last. Most of the older lasts (65, 511, for example) should have an 8.5C as an option. The newer lasts (201, for example) don't have any C widths that I'm aware of.

1 person likes this.
  18. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Does anyone know if it would be possible to order non-shell MTO during the trunk show?
    I would love to order a shoe in a different leather. How about the Alumnus in navy calf, CXL, or suede?
    As long as it was only a leather change, I think it would be a great way to manage MTO.

1 person likes this.
  19. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Yes, my khaki grain McTavishes also felt a little big so I put a pair of A-E orthotic insoles in them, and then the size was perfect and it's now my favorite shoe to wear when I'm going to be walking around for many hours.

1 person likes this.
  20. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I did some research and they do appear legit, most of the time. However, I read several cases on the BBB and other sites where people paid hundreds or thousands of dollars and the gift cards did not work. Apparently you have to use them immediately or they have problems. Although I would like to save more money, I think I will pass just in case I am one of the unlucky few who get scammed. Anyway, I'm glad you were not scammed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.