1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count de Monet

Count de Monet Senior member

Jefferson (1.0) in dark brown. I love wingtips and I love great leather. The original Indy line was solid.

3 people like this.
  2. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

My favorite changes with the weather, and my mood. But right now, at the start of autumn, it's my Cronmoks.
    When I first put them on, they fit perfectly. I think that someone snuck into my room while I slept and sewed the boots up around my feet. And they are very comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  3. styleaudit91

styleaudit91 Senior member

I've found it to be the most spot on of all my ae belts. I have a dk brown that is a smidge dark and a bourbon that is the same as the walnut (manistee).

4. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I think they match well from my experience. I have the basic 35 mm belt, and it matches my chili shoes very well. Don't buy this belt though, because it looks plastic-ish. There's lots of other better belts AE makes for a little more money. Be careful buying the wide basic belt though -- lots of people experience cracking with that one.

5. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I couldn't agree more with this. I've looked at a lot of used shoes on eBay, the vast majority show signs of being too long for the owners foot. I suppose its an artifact of so many shoes not being made in a range of widths. People just keep going up in length until the shoes don't strangle their feet.

More over the 65 last is long for its stated size. People convince themselves they're size X and then get a PA or Strand in X without exploring other options. I Brannock 8.5D/E, but I take an 8E on the 65 and I'm at the upper limits of acceptable space in front of my toes. Tried an 8EE, but that had too much volume in the forefoot, I could be probably as good in a 7.5EE as my 8E's but good luck in finding those readily.

6. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Same for me, but walnut instead of dark brown.

7. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

I'd have to go with my dark chili Bleecker Streets. In addition to being one of my most versatile pairs, they give my 8.5E feet a certain sleekness. A lot of things that look good on the shelf look too short or blobby on my feet. These are like a well tailored jacket that makes the wearer look better.

1 person likes this.
  8. Middlife

Middlife Senior member

Shell Shoesday Tuesday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Question for Schuatal (suede MacNeil) owners: how much, if any, have they stretched for you? I picked a used pair up on eBay a few months ago. They fit well enough (no discomfort) but I'm concerned about the lacing gap getting too close over time. Here's what they look like now with tongue pads:

[​IMG]

These are 9Ds. That's my Brannock size and all my AEs are 9D or 8.5E. There's a pair in 8.5D on eBay that I've got my eye on. My hope is that they'd be ever so slightly narrower and push my foot just a tad forward, thus creating a wider lacing gap.

I know I'm splitting hairs here but these are a pair I'd like to keep through a couple Recraftings so I want to be sure I've got the fit dialed in.

10. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I have the chili wide dress and a pair of dark chili PAs. Mine are perfect matches.

11. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

I like to buy a pair of shoes from the countries I visit. I got a pair of Meermins when I was in Madrid last year. I'll probably get my Loakes when I finally get to England. I assume having a normal width foot makes it alot easier to guess on a size, but with B width feet, the struggle is real.

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Walnut Strand. I just love the style/color combo with that shoe.

Honorable mention to my brown saddle Vernons (great looking shoe) and merlot Hopkinsons (soooo comfortable).

1 person likes this.
  13. Scarlet

Scarlet Senior member

Man... is this what my life is coming to?

14. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Layers and a little sock heel action for Tuesday
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

As much as I don't like Poron insoles, I still love these shoes:
    [​IMG]

Edit: clearly @SLCRich and I think alike lol

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happy Walnut Tuesday! I guess it doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? Anyway, here are my Madison Parks.

1 person likes this.
  17. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

Alliterations, obviously. Part of the reason I bought my merlot McAllisters was so I could participate in Merlot Monday. I mean, it was a small factor out of many reasons, but it was a reason nonetheless.

2 people like this.
  18. Wrong Crowd

Wrong Crowd Senior member

It rained last night, so I pulled out the Wilberts for this morning. They will move into heavy rotation as the weather starts to change here in Seattle.

[​IMG]

(I don't buy pounds and pounds of candy for personal use, that's to refill the office candy jar.)

19. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Tough call. Might very well be these Walnut Madison Parks. They feel good on my feet, are made from nice leather, I love the Walnut color and of course, they're wingtips!

20. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

Tough call, because I really like a lot of my AE boots, especially the Brown Higgins Mill. However, they're not super-practical in warmer weather. So, for me it's a toss-up between my Cognac McTavish and my Oxblood Strand. Both look fantastic, but I think the McTavish is just a little more versatile for my everyday life. I can pair it with jeans or chinos. The Strand works best with chinos or dress pants, but I'm usually not wearing dress pants at work (except for days when I want to wear the Strands), and while I have worn the Strands with jeans, it just doesn't work as well there as the McTavish does.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.