1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Outstanding!

2. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Daytime Rich in Renegade golf shoes...
    [​IMG]
    Nighttime Rich in non AE shell. Remember that girl? Well, she's meeting my parents tonight. Pray for me
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    6 people like this.
  3. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

I noticed that, in addition to the Dundee, they have removed the Norwich from the Cordovan Collection on the AE website. That's a shame. For whatever reason, I love the look of that shoe. Kind of annoying that they seem to have one in just about every size except mine on the Shoe Bank. Saw a Lubbock in 12D if that interests anyone...

http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=8032S&DIM=D&SIZE=120

4. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

Best of luck tonight Rich. Hope it goes well. Nice shell by the way. Details please.

1 person likes this.
  5. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Thank you kind sir. Deets on the shell are from your profile pic :) Alden x J Crew cap toe boots.

6. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Anyone with the Odenwald in brown care to share pics? The brown and the black look good to me, but I would certainly get more use out of the brown color. I like the shape of them, but not 100% sure I love the toe and heel burnishing on the brown model. It would probably be fine as long as it's not too intense. Also, any sizing notes? Amazon reviews seem to think they run a bit large. Thanks!

7. FaRKle

FaRKle Senior member

No, no, he meant details of how it goes when she meets your parents! Tell me more, tell me more! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Good Lord, I hope this isn't an intentional "Grease" reference. If so, -100. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. billikenman

billikenman Well-Known Member

Late to the party, but this one took me a minute. At first all I could think was "these looks perfect." Then noticed the beautiful wheeled edges on one and not the other. That is bizarre. Would not be wearable like that, for me.

10. billikenman

2 people like this.
  11. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Player's today for me too. Pants are too big in the leg. [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Eastern PA / NJ

13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

My walnut Carlyles are older and also have the wheeled edges. I wonder why they stopped using that? It looks nicer imo.

I'm curious if mosy returned them.

14. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

Check the regular site as well. . .they seem to have firsts at $147 and, for $20 more. . .may as well go for firsts, right? :satisfied:

15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I thought about them. But its more like un-burnishing. They look like they're tan, and have a heavy coating of brown that was rubbed off the toe and heel. I passed because I wasn't sure how they would end up looking after wear and tear.

The do run a bit large volume wise. I tried an 8D (which I can wear in AE boots, but that size is quite snug), they were ample, more like an 8E. I don't think I could have gone down to a 7.5D though, they're not nearly as long as most of AE's shoe lasts.

Ultimately, I think the Higgins Mill is a better option, though not as cheap.

1 person likes this.
  16. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Stopped in to see what's up at the local AE retail store tonight.

Got confirmation that the McAllister and Fifth Ave would be $150 off during RDA. There was a third model, too. However, I am kicking myself because I cannot remember what it is. For some reason, the Dalton comes to mind... but don't quote me on that one.

Tried on a couple things and, of course, loved them. First of all, I tried the Dundee 2.0 in Snuff Suede
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    What a beauty!

Second, in an attempt to find something more casual that I like, I tried the Strandmok.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Also, loving it.

Finally, I snapped this pic for @Newberry of the Snuff Suede Strand next to my McGregor. Sorry I should have tried them on, but the clock ran out on me.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, that's my store report. Have a great Friday night.

1 person likes this.
  17. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Nice! Did you go to the one in Oakbrook? Thanks for the pic. Looks a bit more dressed up than the Strandmok 2.0 but still has the looks of a very casual shoe. I think I might like it more. Still got a week to think about it. Thanks again.

18. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

19. billikenman

Interesting- I'd assumed it was a cost thing. Don't they wheel edges on the independence line shoes? My LM Meermins have the wheeling. I really like the look, too.

20. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

No sweat. Of course, it was a pleasure to be around all of those shoes.

Yes, I travel through Oakrook daily to and from the office. I stop in the store once a month or so. They're all sick of me there no doubt.

I think I might prefer my suede shoes to include less detail than the Strand, it's still a heck of a good looking shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.