1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TexasTexter

TexasTexter Senior member

Wrong Sole that's how. Did you get them from the CAC?

2. TexasTexter

Looks to me like you have two issues. One is the laces the other is one has a scalloped sole the other is flat.

3. colco

colco Senior member

you have a better eye: I only saw the most obvious :)

4. cnation

cnation Well-Known Member

at first I thought it was just the shoe laces that was the defect.

5. mosy

mosy Senior member

did you figure out the real one?

6. mosy

mosy Senior member

What's the CAC?

7. colco

colco Senior member

My Carlyle came with flat laces.

8. cnation

cnation Well-Known Member

yeps, just had to look deeper into the pic.

9. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

I don't think it's that noticeable. How often are you going to have your shoes right up against each other. In most situations, nobody would ever even see it.
    Besides, how many people here didn't even notice that the front of the shoe is longer on the left shoe?

10. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

Well, that's the only problem I noticed when I first looked, and it's not even too big of a deal...

11. TexasTexter

Depends on the Price $$$ Pick your poison. New ones= $$$$ 2nds = cosmetic defects...just depends on what you can live with. That would bug the heck outta me but that's my opinion.

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

**Non shoe/bed sheet update**
    Cariloha makes an absolutely fabulous bed sheet. They arrived first and I'm in love. Brooklinen delivered the wrong set so I'm returning those and getting another set from Cariloha. Of course I also had to order a blanket made of bamboo too...(not pictured)
    [​IMG]

13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I would keep them because, well, I love the Carlyle. But more importantly, they have the original piping. The flat laces you can easily order from Laccico for cheap (order 4 mm size in any color you like, and make sure they are at least 75 mm long). No one is going to notice that size difference in the front.

14. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Holy crap, that's the exact opposite reason I thought they took it down. Grey is popular?!?! Shows how clueless I am with what people want. [​IMG]

15. mosy

mosy Senior member

For me the only issue that bothers me is that one sole has wheeling and the other doesn't. You didn't mention that issue so not sure if you noticed it. The other stuff don't matter at all to me.

16. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Hmm, I didn't notice it when I first looked at them. Are they both single leather soles at least? No one is probably going to see that too, unless they sit on the ground and study yours shoes. Also, you could recraft them someday and that would fix that issue. I know, this isn't exactly an ideal pair -- I'm just trying to give you some perspective. I would be a little annoyed too if a pair arrived like this.

Pros:
    -piping (!)
    -nice color

Cons:
    -soles don't match
    -lining doesn't match perfectly (out of all the flaws, this is the one that bothers me a bit)

The choice is yours, there's no wrong choice here. Go with your gut.[​IMG]

17. TexasTexter

The Allen Edmonds Consumer Assistance Center

18. TexasTexter

I'm bummed. I really wanted a pair of Grey St. John's. They said I would have to wait until the next batch similar to the Midnight Navy! No Grey leather! UGH! 12 Week wait or longer. :(

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  19. JLC2

JLC2 Senior member

Even though the HM's were tearing up my ankles, I still think they're great. But my pair had the "uneven heel" issue, so I just sent them back today. My wife thinks I'm crazy for all of the exchanging. But it's reassuring that others have the same issues and do the same thing. Although it might be debatable whether this forum is more like a support group or a pack of enablers!

20. Randy Brooks

Randy Brooks Senior member

What other shoes would you order for a business casual wardrobe (trousers and sport jacket) to compliment the Bloor Street in Brown Country Grain? I'm shooting for maximum versatility and want 2 more pairs and am having trouble deciding amongst the following. Only rule is that one of the other 2 pairs must be Merlot.

McAllister in Merlot
    5th Avenue in Merlot

Lexington in Walnut
    Rogue in Walnut
    Rush Street in Golden Brown Chromexcel
    Mctavish in Khaki
    Mctavish Dark Brown
    Lexington in Bourbon
    5th Avenue in Bourbon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.