1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

I have that shoe in the brown, love it. J
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. aero25

aero25 Senior member

I agree with what @bespokebrooklyn said. As for the example you listed, I do like that color, but be warned that the examples I've seen in real life tend to have a bit of a pinkish tint to the brown. As for other options in the more casual spectrum, check out the Strandmok, such as those posted by @slcrich earlier today, the Alumnus, Oak Street, or the Acorn Hillfire Neumoks that are sold by Nordstrom exclusively.

3. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

No more cordovan Dundee or Norwich on the website. Wonder if they're limiting options or updating to current models. Wish they'd let you do more boots in shell already. Fingers still crossed for the Bayfield!

4. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Funny now that they are missing, I want a burgundy shell dundee. Shoebank has my size. I hope they didn't remove them permanently. Reducing an already limited shell collection seems crazy to me.

5. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Most people on here would probably say go for the University, since it is harder to find. However, some people have warned me that the shoe is difficult if you have a high instep. The Lasalle would be much easier to fit into for most people.

6. bkdc

bkdc Senior member

There are shell cordovan dundees for my size (7.5 3E) still on Shoebank. Maybe your size sold out? I've had my eye on them for a while. One of these days I'll pull the trigger if they are available on sale.

7. gm928

gm928 Senior member

Last year ALL of the shell models were temporarily removed from the website during the RDA sale. The consensus was that the sale included a discount on all models, and AE didn't want to discount the shell models, so they just temporarily removed them. Maybe they're just getting the website ready for this year's RDA.

8. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@BespokeBrooklyn Totally dependent on how good 65 balmorals are for you. If they work, you should be good with the university. If they don't, the university won't fix much. I found the LaSalle very similar fitting to the Madison ave, maybe a drop wider.

I ordered and returned a 1st quality chili university - it is a stunning shoe. The vgap was pretty lousy, worse than a brand new park ave, but what got me was that the bad arch made it feel like I had a ton of extra room up front that I couldn't utilize.

1 person likes this.
  9. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Casualer Friday in my MacNeils. Certain shoes are now only being called upon every two weeks. According to my records, I haven't worn this soft-washed shirt in a few months. Bidding you all an enjoyable weekend.

2 people like this.
  10. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior member

Natural Dundees today. Love these.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  11. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

[​IMG]

Stepping out in my $30 eBay pick ups. Walnut Cliftons today!! Be well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.
  12. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Freiburg Friday - these are the reason I don't have the Higgins Mill.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Paul, bring this shoe back. Sanford 2.0?

Also, I'm pretty sure that it's been 5+ years so these haven't been in the shoe bank for a long time.

14. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

BASTARD! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I so much prefer the regular Strand in suede, but with that price difference, it would kill me.

16. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I would suggest taking a ride down to a Nordstrom and having a peak at the Acorn Hillfire in real life. For your purposes, they fill a similar role. Not distressed like the above, but still a great casual shoe. Always best to make an informed choice.

They go on sale fairly regularly at Nordstroms.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  17. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

Agree. Hopefully a Nordstrom near you has them in stock. The Nordstroms that are convenient to me don't appear to stock it.

I just wanted to mention that you should also be able to order the same shoe through your preferred AE SA even if it is a Nordstrom exclusive model. They should even match the current price of $199.90. I was able to do this when I bought my Madison Parks. Of course, that doesn't allow you to see the shoe in advance, but just another possible purchasing option.

18. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

[​IMG]
    X-POST from MTO thread. Brown Shell Townley. Creeping up on 15 wears since spring '15 purchase. Responding nicely to wet brushing, Saphir Cordovan Cream (neutral) and nylon hose buffing. Beautiful color depth IRL.

1 person likes this.
  19. Kkoa12h

Kkoa12h Member

Daltons for me as well today... Oxblood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. Buster Brown

Buster Brown Senior member

Been away for a few weeks and just getting caught up. Saw a couple things I wanted to call out. First up, show of hands from anyone who would have guessed @Roycru drives a Cube ... thought so. On a separate note, I'd love to hear some of Roycru's anecdotes from his career on the rails. My knowledge of train travel is limited to Amtrak, North by Northwest and my son's devotion to Thomas the Tank Engine. Roycru's pics make me think his experience is more of the latter two.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.