• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still at the hospital in my McTavishs!

Happy father as of 10:15 last night. Exhausted.

Congrats! Only parenting advice I have for you is let the hospital nurses help as much as they offer so you and the new mother can get some rest. You'll need it!
1f609.png

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark Chili Charles Streets are $197 on the shoebank right now, if they have your size. As discussed a few pages ago, these are basically the same as the Cornwallis, but with poron insole, combination heel, and tap sole. Opinions on the poron insole vary, but the combination heel and tap sole are generally regarded as upgrades vs the standard sole and heel on the Cornwallis. 

Thanks for the rec, but I couldn't find any in my size. Ah well, this just forces me to save my money and wait for the RDA sale so I can buy the Graysons I've been wanting.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey brown Odenwald wearers. I need 2 favors from you.

1. Got any pictures of them in the wild? I've been eyeing the $177 version on the Shoebank for a while and might need to pull the trigger on it.

2. How's the sizing? I'm generally between 11.5 and 12 D on AE shoes and have been buying 11.5 for boots lately (Normandy and Gobi, which I might have been able to squeeze into an 11). I've got the Darmstadt in 11.5 and the fit is pretty OK. Considering that's the same last as the Odenwald, I'm thinking 11.5. But, some of the reviews said the Odenwald ran really large, so I've been wondering about an 11. 

Can't help with brown pics - I have the black Odenwald. But for sizing - I wear 9.5D in all my other AE's and the 9D in the Odenwald fit me best.

Chris

frosejr

Reaction score

Merlot is darker and also has some hints or purple while Oxblood is lighter with more red. I think Oxblood/sexy and Merlot/classy.

+1000

mingus2112

Reaction score
Got my new Leeds (new to me) yesterday and decided to do a group shot with my other shells (Polo). Decided to go with some contrast laces on the Leeds, which really brings out the color in them. With the original laces, they almost look black! At $95, i'm really please with these Leeds in shell!

Anyone know how to figure out how old the Polos (left) are? I bought them on ebay a couple years ago all beat up, resoled really sloppy and not listed as shell for about $20 shipped. Spent a good amount of money having Nick at B. Nelson in Manhattan clean them up, new JR double oak soles, etc and love them!

-James

gm928

Reaction score
Sheltons (black/burg and walnut/brown) were added to the AE ebay store today at $179.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any opinions on Strand v McAllister in Merlot?

Relevantly, I already I own:

Black Cambridge
Brown Shell Strand
Black Strand

If you wear a lot of suits, either would be good.
My suggestion would be the McAllister, if only because you already have two pairs of the Strand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads