Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

I'm an 11D on the Franciscan last (333) and for the Dalton. The Dalton fit is fine but close to being too short - the toe has relatively little taper from the widest point and is a bit shorter than some of the other lasts. If I wanted to wear thick socks, I'd go up a half size to 11.5D. Based on that, I'd guess 11.5E would be a good starting point.

Disclaimers: your feet are probably different than mine, and comparing single monks to blucher boots is an inexact science.

2. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

This is true for me 100% of the time - I never really know if shoes fit until I have worn them for 36 hours, with lots of walking included.

3. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

Agree with jet - the 511 runs much more TTS than other lasts. Another note - I found that the Dalton sucked for high arch...you should take that into account also.

4. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

Wow that sounds like they really don't want people to come to their stores any longer but just order 5 pairs online and ship 4 back. All while they pay for the shipping.

I have not had any issues returning shoes. I live in Canada so I pay for shipping but AE has taken back two worn shoes so far. One of them I had already put a Topy on and worn for months. And the Sauk Drive seconds that had eyelet issues they even gave me a shipping label for free and fixed it. I.e. if something's their fault then even in Canada return shipping at least is free. All of this is without having any SA relationship. I always dealt with the CAC or their eservice email address, which I guess is just manned by CAC.

5. harlequin782

harlequin782 Senior member

Quick note: you will be hard pressed to find another color as versatile as Dark Chili, in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016

6. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

The First Avenue is on the 201. It's a little roomier than the 65 up front, and probably fits about the same as my Rogues. I should add that I can get a little better fit with this boot (compared to the Rogue) due to the extra eyelets.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016

7. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

+1.

Dark chili may have a tinge of red but reads as mostly brown to me. Darker than bourbon, lighter than dark brown.

8. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I love the dark chili color - it simultaneously functions as a brown and as a burgundy shoe as needed.

9. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...

A[​IMG]

Has anyone purchased from the seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Big 4? Anyways, merlot McAllister or even dark chili (I think they make them in this color). You already have 2 PA's, why would you want to get 5th Ave.

11. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Yup, twice. Great, seamless transactions. The shoes always look better in real life than in the photos he takes.

12. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Many times. He is amazing. I would use him again if he had something I wanted.

13. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

If you don't wear a tie or coat to work, get a full brogue, either a McAllister in Merlot as cc suggests or a long wing in chili (can't beat the McGregor prices right now). However, nothing wrong with the FA in my opinion. If that's what you like, get it. The brown FA is definitely the same as the PA, so don't get it; It is definitely a formal brown. If you go with the FA, get it in walnut or dark chili. Dark Chili is certainly red in the right lighting conditions (my chili PA's a few pages back are in direct sunlight), but in most indoor conditions, they appear medium brown. They are just as versatile as any other medium brown shoe would be, only more interesting.

14. Paniolo

Paniolo Member

Thanks for the input, gents. I'll post an update when I receive my pair.

15. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior member

Yes. Great shoes. Seems to be pretty good about showing any abnormalities upfront. I definitely don't think he ever intentionally misrepresents any of his product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.