1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I'd be all over the Shakers... as I am told they are NOT coming back like originally expected. Love my chili ones and still have an eye out for a black pair.

1 person likes this.
  2. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

:fu:

How could Mr. G set us up for sad trombone like that???

1 person likes this.
  3. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@St Hubbins Madison Park & Norwich - good stuff. I would not recommend sizing up for the Norwich - its a hell of a lot stiffer and needs break in, but if anything its larger already - like cc described with lack of laces.

Interesting how much impact instep can have - I love the Norwich. Same size Mora 2 felt like I was wearing clown shoes.

1 person likes this.
  4. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Got slammed at work, so I will keep this brief...

After discussing options, I am going to give the HMs some wear, specifically with heavier socks, to see if I can make them work. Since they are B widths and not stocked, I just didn't want to wait ~6 weeks from the time I purchased to when I could actually wear them. With the thicker socks, I am now dealing with the left that fits tighter (rather than a voluminous righty). Hopefully this stretches out a little bit and I can enjoy the boots - and forget about the frustrations/hassles that have occurred yet again. If they don't, well... I know AE CS will take care of me with a replacement.

Here are indoor and outdoor pics. Gotta say, they look sweet! Fingers crossed about excess creasing due to one boot being wider.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I was certainly Mr. Sad Trombone when the SM said no Shakers or Bayfields. I was like "but, but... Mr. G said so."

If I had to guess, all of the fall models have been released. Maybe we see one down the line in a web gem or other promo???

1 person likes this.
  6. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Move along people move along. Nothing to see in the 9d section of the shoebank. Just keep on moving along...

2 people like this.
  7. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I have some time to think about it since I'll be traveling, but I've really overshot lately.

I wore my "real" cognac McTs today
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

I'm a bit confused as to why the Kenilworth is coming back. I still see a ton of them at NR and on shoebank.

9. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

There is a bourbon Grayson with black tassels on the ShoeBank. Has anybody seen those in the wild?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  10. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

It might be a bit of a jump for me from 8.5C/9B to 9D, so you you don't have to worry about me :) nevertheless, I wonder if I can find insoles thick enough to make the 9D Shakers work. :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  11. ChristopherFol

ChristopherFol Active Member

Great thread, thank you for starting it. The AE sale starts October 7 at our local AE store, want to purchase the Fifth Avenue boot in Walnut. Anyone who owns it, does that color require constant up keep, beyond the normal once every 2 week polishing?

12. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Quote:At one point, I really wanted a pair, but now I have shell Leeds that look WAY more brown than #8... I'm starting to run out of shoes I need... wait... what did I just say?

2 people like this.
  13. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

14. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I actually went up a 1/2 size from 5-last. Haven't worn them since last winter, so I can't give you a great comparison fit to other shoes. I went up the size to account for boot socks, but quickly realized the tapering was a little quick for my toes, so the extra room was spot on. I bet a road warriors insert might do the trick!
    </Sorry for the weaseling>

15. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Senior member

I'm eyeing a secondhand pair of brown AE for Brooks Brothers Strands. Is it worth paying more than $100 for a used pair when I could possibly get a shell pair for $310 or so with the AmEx discount during the next seconds sale?

16. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

I think a call to my favorite SA is in order.

17. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

McT's for work:
    [​IMG]

And frat balances for post-work trip to the vet:
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Those look minty fresh! As an aside, I cross-laced mine at first, and now after break-in the gap is pretty parallel. I should probably switch to bar-lacing now...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  19. mdubya

mdubya Senior member

Any rumblings about % discounts for RDA? Looking to pick up a few new pairs of 1sts and replace my strands. Hoping its not something pathetic like 15% across the board. IMO @ $395 they are already approaching Carmina/Alden prices and just not worth it. Hoping for sub $300 strands.

20. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

Isn't always 14.92% off across the board? The year Columbus discovered America.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.