1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I wear one pair and pack one (I'm wearing my McTs today and the Academys are in my bag). I take the trees out of the pair that has been resting the night before (when I take my shoes off from a day of wear). I travel with a 6" brush. For what youv'e got, I'd take the Neumoks and the Strands for versatility.

2. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

As already mentioned in the posts above, you wear one pair and pack the other pair and then rotate them through out the week.
    I travel every week for work and will generally wear a pair and pack another with shoe trees. Then I rotate them through out the week , making sure I put shoe tree in the one I wore for the day.

when I want to wear boots, I generally pack the shoes and wear boots as boots take more space in the bag and i enjoy the comfort of boots while walking through the airport etc.

3. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

3 people like this.
  4. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

My hope in changing the shoe is probably risky to say the least. I appreciate this feedback. I know exactly what you mean by bourbon being tricky. I know that when I applied some conditioner to my bourbon Carlyles, it totally made one of them much lighter than the other. But the other one stayed the same shade of dark bourbon. I will probably pass on these. The bourbon Strands in new condition are near extinct.

5. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

I want to add an extra set of eyelets to my snuff suede Gobi Chukkas. Do you guys think I can do it myself or should I take it to a cobbler? How much would a cobbler even charge for that? I want it to look something like this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. DustinM

DustinM Senior member

Timely discussion as I have 4 days of travel next week. I prefer not to check a bag but I'm not sure how I fit a pair of dress shoes and 3 days of work clothes + jeans and a couple ts + some gym clothes + dopp bag in a carry on.

7. DustinM

DustinM Senior member

who needs a cobbler when you can just use this?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. cnation

cnation Well-Known Member

sweet! thats good to hear cordovans are going on sale. 15% off plus 90 dollars off . don't think i'll pass on that. Anyone else deciding to buy a pair off shells?

9. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

I travel every week Mon-Thurs (consultant). I have this bag from Victorinox:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In one of the main compartments, I can easily fit 4+ days of clothes. In the other main compartment I put a pair of shoes (in shoe bags, with the plastic/sping shoe trees inserted, a belt, and my toiletries pack). It fits in the overhead compartment of even the smallest puddle jumper.

I've had it for well over 10 years and still going strong. I don't think they sell it any more but you can find them new on the 'bay every now and then.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  10. reliason23

reliason23 New Member

11. PbgGuy

PbgGuy Active Member

Man, you guys are a couple of Grade-A barn weasels! Or maybe "enablers" would be a more accurate label haha. Great shoes, both. I'm sold on the suede, just not sure which specific shoe. I do prefer the look of the darker sole on those MacNeils to the white sole I'm seeing on the tan Strandmoks on the AE site.

12. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

Probably my best fitting shoe in my squad
    [​IMG]
    If anyone tells you, you have too much burgundy/melot/oxblood, cut that person off. Oh, and cardigan status today. Can't wait to wear one every day of the week ha
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    2 people like this.
  13. orange fury

Hah, speaking of burgundy:
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. orange fury

The cologne came first for me, so though I haven't bought any in a while, I still have more bottles than shoes lol. I've figured out which ones I like better than others, so as I've gone through bottles I didn't love, I didn't replace them. I still have enough that I have my collection broken down by season, time of day, and level of formality...

1 person likes this.
  15. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

That's how my bourbon belt looks. I wear my bourbon Manistee with my walnut shoes and brown with my bourbon.

Honestly, with the more different color shoes I'm getting these days from vintage makers, the less concerned I am with exact matches for the belt. Half the idiots you see in the wild have on brown shoes and a black belt. Like... really bro?

16. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I have 3 bottles currently so my shoe collection far out paces. I went the watch route and realized that gets pricey really quickly so perhaps cologne isn't a bad move.

17. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

There's a bourbon belt my size in clearance. So you think the Bourbon Manistee belt will pair well with my walnut Daltons?

18. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Finally cooling off and getting some rain here. So the brown grain MacNeils with Dainite get the first run of the season.
    [​IMG]

Chris

5 people like this.
  19. MattRiv

MattRiv Senior member

Depends on the shade of each. Here's my bourbon Manistee and wally Strands:

[​IMG]

20. Newberry

Newberry Senior member

Ok. I was just curious. I don't really need it, but I'd still consider purchasing the belt for $40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.