• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got the Natural Oak Streets in today from eBay. They look perfect and are really comfortable.

These look great! I love my brown Oak Streets, and seeing the natural ones is making me want a pair of those too.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking sharp...loving this look
Thank you sir. I really need to wear these more and with the 3 a day mentality, they'd probably be seen at least every 3rd day. They fit me really well and are already super comfortable.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rogue.
This shoe baffles me. It was introduced last year in three colors. I love the design, and purchased a pair in chili. They have since discontinued the walnut and black versions of this shoe. What???
Is there a plan for this shoe to continue? How long can it live when it's only available in one color?
Perhaps there is a navy Rogue headed our direction. That would be a great-looking shoe!

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I didn't think the black or walnut were especially attractive, but the chili looks great IMHO. I agree totally that a navy (one that is discernibly blue) would be really cool.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed that you now choose a pair of shoes and that then will dictate what pants, belt and shirt you need? Yeah, me too.

Of course! I actually plan which shoes I will wear the next day in the evening. I then think of which slacks and shirt I need to find. Some colors are a bit difficult to match, but then some color like merlot will go with anything. I try to give my shoes equal rotation, but there's definitely players that get less minutes.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed that you now choose a pair of shoes and that then will dictate what pants, belt and shirt you need? Yeah, me too.

Honestly, I thought this was normal.

TheBatman

Reaction score
My foot grew a full size, so it was the perfect opportunity to redo my shoe collection. I had only owned one pair of Allen Edmonds before, the Carlyle. I ALWAYS received complements on them wherever I went. It never occurred to me, that out of all the shoes in my footwear lineup, the Carlyle was the only pair that consistently garnered attention. This attention can sometimes be the sign of a BAD pair of shoes or garment - the clothes should draw attention to the wearer, right? If clothes draw attention to themselves, this seems to be the very definition of garish - dare I say... douchey - style. In the case of the Carlyle, people tended to complement the shoes and ask what I did for a living, talk about style, etc. As opposed to "Hey, um..... nice fuchsia socks. They really match your gold plated Dolce & Gabbana belt buckle."

I purchased the Carlyle, Parke Ave, and the Strand - yes all at once. Nordstrom is having that anniversary sale and AE's are discounted by more than 100 dollars. Couldn't pass it up!

Allen Edmonds are truly wonderful shoes. They are understated without being boring, attractive without being loud, luxurious but not obnoxious.

And your level of bad-assity does notably increase knowing you have the same footwear as Reagan... (That is sure to garner some hate mail! lol).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads