1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Weary of the typo? Haha

2. St Hubbins

St Hubbins Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I could only wait a week to wear these. New Snuff Suede Fullertons for Friday's "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." Wearing my bourbon belt. I think the match is good enough. Opinions? Have a good Friday!

5 people like this.
  3. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

First time wearing the McTavishes:
    [​IMG]

There was a bit of heel slip at first, but I realized after tightening the laces that it was a result of needing to break in the double sole. Super comfortable shoe, I can see why they're so popular around here- thank you to everyone that said I should hang onto them!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    5 people like this.
  4. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    Shell long wings with matching handkerchief today. Just my attempt of throwing a rock against the battleship that is "casual Friday." :satisfied:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. smfdoc

smfdoc Senior member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."

Heck, those PAs are probably some of the nicest shoes in OKC and will certainly help in the interview. I do know that this being in Oklahoma, you will get bonus interview points for being able to tie your shoes. Ha, I kid because....I can.

6. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how is Dabondo with offers? Does he only accept ones close to the asking price or would he take one for say 30%+ off the asking price?

7. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm hoping to swing by and pick up my HMs today after work. Surely, the 3rd time is the charm, no?!

@orange fury, I'm wearing my tan McTs today as well. I think you made a wise decision to keep yours!

(On a different note, am I the only one getting the "The rich text editor is not compatible..." warning?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Those should go pretty quickly. If I were you, I'd offer 130% of asking price.

9. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I've gotten as low at 50% asking but usually ~65% in the shoes I've purchased. I've never bought shell from him though.

1 person likes this.
  10. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Rich, do you have concerns about the shape the shell is in? I slept on the last shell boot from dabondo in/near my size... and then it was gone.

11. M2511

M2511 Senior member

I'm shocked they are still there really. They don't even look worn. If I had any use at all for a boot that high or really a boot at all, those would be gone as they are my 511 size.... I have no use and it still keeps popping up on my mind.

12. gm928

gm928 Senior member

He accepted my offer of $200 for shell Strands that he originally priced at $350.

13. orange fury

orange fury Senior member

@middlepP my HM's are supposedly coming in today as well, hopefully they work- I've never even seen them in person, so I'm gambling based on the pics I've seen on here. I'm hopeful that there won't be any issues.

14. SLCRich

SLCRich Senior member

@M2511 caught my joke. He lists chell in the description. Those are awesome and I'm a 9d. And based on his previous sales, if you get those for < 400, do it with a smile. If I wasn't so bad with my money lately I'd have already messaged him

15. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

Wore my Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers black Strands today...........

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I was too blinded by the shell to notice the typo.

How about I get this started? I'll submit an offer at $100 and we can go from there, until one of us #FBWs gets an acceptance.

17. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Sounds dangerous. What if I win? Gotta save for POSSIBLE trunk show.

18. gm928

gm928 Senior member

I think if you go that low he'll either reject it outright (without countering), or he'll catch on that people are teaming up against him after a few progressively higher bids come in from different people. I have no particular loyalty to him, but he's always treated me fairly and provided good pictures and accurate descriptions of his stuff, so I wouldn't try to take advantage of him. But ultimately it's up to each person what they want to offer, and it's up to him what he'll accept.

19. RTD1

RTD1 Senior member

Mailman just brought them.

Pretty much all week I'd been resigning myself to the fact that they must be seconds and the seller forgot to mention it. Nope. As soon as I got the box I checked and no marking on the box, opened it up and no little shoe icon burned into the soles. They're firsts. Brand new in box, unlaced, with the paper still inside. I don't think anyone ever even tried them on before.

Beautiful boots. Surprisingly they were ever so slightly loose, but that's actually good because I tried them on with thin nylon dress socks and in reality I'd probably wear them with my thicker merino dress socks so should be perfect. Other thing I noticed is since they're brown country grain, the toe area on the one boot has embossing that is slightly less deep than the other, but I only notice that when holding the boot right in front of my face. Otherwise they're absolutely flawless. Will definitely be my go to shoe for the office when it's raining or snowing.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  20. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Look good, can see what you are talking about but from the ground to eye level I doubt its noticeable. You can check the box to see if the model number has an S at the end of it. This will denote seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.